About the Company
Admiral Group was founded by two INSEAD MBAs and is a FTSE 100 financial services company, with a market cap of over £8bn and operations in the UK, France, Italy, Spain, and the USA. We have a strong company culture and were voted the 3rd Best Big Company to Work For in the UK by the Sunday Times in 2020.
The Role: International Pricing Manager on the SPARK Leadership Program
The ideal International Pricing Manager (IPM) possesses both analytical and managerial qualities, combining curiosity with logical and creative thinking, and great interpersonal skills.
Previous experience in financial services is not necessary, as we’ll help you acquire the relevant knowledge.
The SPARK Program provides:
- Dedicated training to understand Pricing, Analytics, and Data
- On-the-job learning through projects that have real impact
- Exposure to senior managers (including C-suite) around the Group
Projects could include helping launch new products, implementing new technologies, researching new data, deep-diving into country-specific challenges or sharing knowledge across countries to solve complex problems.
- Identifying new opportunities and owning Pricing or Analytics projects
- Helping develop our future strategies in the areas of Pricing, Analytics, and Data
- Sharing results and ideas with senior decision makers
- Managing and collaborating with analysts and data scientists
- Assessing our pricing structures and past performance to improve risk management
Future Career Progression
The goal of the SPARK program is to prepare you for future senior leadership roles, either within the Pricing & Analytics functions or in the wider business. The fast growth of our international companies, as well as our expansion into new product lines, will create exciting future career opportunities for IPMs.
Past IPMs include the CEO of our US Insurance Operation, and the Head of our Travel Insurance venture in the UK.
This high-profile role is suitable for MBAs committed to building a long-term career within Admiral.
We have three options within the SPARK program:
- International Pricing Team: This multi-national team is based in our headquarters in Cardiff (UK) but provides strategic advice and support to our international operations. The role includes opportunities to travel to our international operations for both short visits and longer assignments, and you may be able to relocate to one of our international offices in the future.
- UK Pricing: You will start in International Pricing in Cardiff as above, but you will be dedicated to our UK business, which is our largest and most mature. No languages beyond English are required for this route.
- Local Operations: You will be based in one of our local operations (Paris, Rome, Seville, or Richmond (USA)), but will undergo the full SPARK training program led by the International Pricing team. You will need to speak the local language to be eligible for this route.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- MBA from a top business school
- Strong quantitative skills supported by a solid academic and work background
- A strategic mindset, as demonstrated by previous experience (this could be in consulting, strategic project management or analysis, working with senior managers, etc)
- Fluency in French, Spanish or Italian is a hard requirement for the Local Operations route (aside from the USA), and highly desired for the International Pricing Team route
Desirable traits and attributes
- Proactive and creative approach to taking initiative and getting things done
- Team player who can build relationships across functions and geographies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to inspire and influence others
- Willingness to learn the necessary technical skills from the ground up
- An interest in data science or big data technologies, and some experience in these areas, may be considered an advantage but are not mandatory
- Personality and a sense of humour (we believe work should be fun!)
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants:
Salary, Benefits and Work-Life Balance
We do not have a set salary for this position, as it will be dependent on the successful candidate’s experience. We are happy to see CVs from all candidates who meet the requirements, and will be happy to discuss the remuneration package.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it's one of the reasons we're voted as one of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to Work For in the UK. We want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this, so accommodate flexible hours wherever possible.