Belgium Canada Estonia Germany Greece Italy Online Spain
You have a unique opportunity to influence policies to achieve an inclusive digital society. Your opinion matters! We need your input to help shape our future society!
Connect with driven young people from Canada and Europe on a local and international level and share your opinions on how we can build our future society in a modern digital context! Network, develop new skills and influence topics that are important to you and the world!
You’ll also have the chance to win a trip to Frankfurt to present the outcomes of this project.
We’ll make sure your voice is heard! All outcomes and your thoughts and opinions will be shared with European and Canadian policymakers.
Take part now and make a difference to our future!
Benefit from a unique experience!
- Spend 24 hours in a challenging and exciting international work atmosphere!
- Learn best practices and see how your work will influence politics!
- Meet engaged people and build a network in Europe and Canada!
- Participate on-site in your city or online from other cities in Europe and Canada!
Technological advancements are strongly influencing our world and are shifting our concept of society. Taking these changes into account, your mission is to discuss ideas and develop recommendations to form and impact an inclusive digital society that's build around your needs and wishes.
Each 24-hour Thinkathon takes place in two cities at the same time, one in Canada and one in Europe. Collaborate with other motivated people from your city, the matching city, and online for 24 hours! Constantly exchange your ideas, progress and outcomes with Canadian and European participants and create collaborative results!
Each Thinkathon will focus on one of six topics that are linked to an inclusive digital society:
- Citizenship 4.0 4-5 Oct. 2019
Work with like-minded people on-site and online to shape our future around “Citizenship 4.0”! What impact are technological advancements having on citizenship? How can we use digitality to build an inclusive society with active citizenship?
- Social Relations 29-30 Nov. 2019
Work with like-minded people on-site and online to shape our future around “Social Relations”! How have social relations changed as a result of technological advancements? What can we do to positively impact the way we socialize in a digital context?
- Smart & Fast Expanding Cities 13-14 March 2020
Work with like-minded people on-site and online to shape our future around “Smart and Fast Expanding Cities”! How do technological advancements influence our concept of cities? How can we use them to create smart cities?
- Security 29-30 May 2020
Work with like-minded people on-site and online to shape our future around “Security”! How does digitalization impact our understanding of security? What can we do to create inclusive security?
- Education 25-26 Sept. 2020
Work with like-minded people on-site and online to shape our future around “Education”! How has the concept of education changed as a result of digitalization? How can technological advancements be used to enhance our education?
- Culture & Entertainment 16-17 Oct. 2020
Work with like-minded people on-site and online to shape our future around “Culture & Entertainment”! How do technological advancements affect entertainment and culture? How can we connect traditional culture with modern entertainment?
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
This challenge is open to young adults between 18-30 from Canada and Europe
Deadline: October 16, 2020
Cost/funding for participants:
- Participants have a chance of being selected to represent the project in Europe during the final Thinkathon in Frankfurt, Germany, in October 2020. We'll take care of the travel costs and accommodation.
- Every on-site participant will also receive a certificate of participation in recognition of their motivation and enthusiasm for the project.