How to Join the Challenge
The challenge is open to anyone who is using machine learning for their projects. Please follow the steps to register to the challenge and claim your benefits (see step-by-step guide).
- Create an account > Sign up to Alibaba Cloud for free and complete your basic information
- Register for the Challenge > Please register for the challenge on Tianchi
- Get Coupon & Start Using PAI > Claim a $50 PAI coupon and start using PAI
- Submit Your Project > The deadline for the 1st round submission is Oct 16
Tasks and Topics
The challenge welcomes innovative projects powered by machine learning in any field or industries. The following topics are for reference, and other topics are also encouraged. The choice of topic/industry will have no impact on your results.
AI + Internet Applications
- Short-form Videos
- Social Media
- Online Education
AI + Production
AI for Public Good
- Wildlife Conservation
- Pollution Prevention
Submission and Judging Criteria
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
The challenge is open to all developers, startups and researchers, and its tasks are:
1) use machine learning in your products/projects; and 2) use Alibaba Cloud Machine Learning Platform for AI (PAI) to train your models (assessed in the 2nd round only).
Requirements for registration
- Participants must have an account on Alibaba Cloud International Site before registering for the challenge.
- In order to get PAI coupon and start using PAI, you are required to add a valid payment method to your account. (If you are a university/college student and do not have a valid payment method, please get student verification before claiming the coupon. )
- A team may consist one or more participants. The coupon and award will be only given to one account for a team and cannot be seperated.
Deadline: November 06, 2020
Program Ends: November 13, 2020
Cost/funding for participants:
Prizes and Benefits
The winners of the challenge will share $55,000 USD cash prizes and $61,000 cloud credits in total.