INTERNSHIP TOPIC: "To develop, produce and deliver regular and ad hoc management information to aid OAS decision making."
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
Responsible for creating reports, gathering data, analyzing data, researching issues, and identify fixes. Role will require the candidate to crosscheck data to make sure reports are accurate. They might also design and conduct data modeling; make recommendations on how OAS should go forward using performance metrics; and make projections or forecasts about future expectations. The intern will work closely with OAS Principal Director, OAS Institutional Coordinator, and OAS Management Team, to determine the type of data analysis most necessary.
- Ensure the service performance reporting is maintained, accurate and up to date;
- Work with business units and their Customer Service managers, to specify and co-ordinate production of performance related data including interpretation and analysis of the data;
- Undertake detailed analysis of available information, including accurate forecasting, highlighting and raising awareness of trends;
- Contribute to the development and use of management information to improve service performance and planning;
- Understand and analyze relevant performance figures and assist in developing innovative ideas for improvement; and
- Assist in defining and agreeing on management reports, performance measures and customer information needs on OAS services.
PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
- Duration: 18 weeks
- Timing: August 2019 onwards
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Bachelor Degree and currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in business, sustainability, MIS, or similar.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Prior work experience is not essential.
- Some exposure in research and analysis desirable.
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
- Must be able to work independently yet collaboratively with both internal and external peers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communicate with all levels and exhibit professional behavior.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:1. Curriculum vitae (CV)2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB. (2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).
Deadline: June 21, 2019
Cost/funding for participants:
ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.