We support the brightest future talent, from all backgrounds. That’s why we offer scholarships to those who might not have the finances to continue their studies, but have the ability, commitment and drive. Each year over £1,000,000 is available across our fund to support you through your studies.
Applications are currently open for our September 2021 Courses/ January/February 2022 Courses through a single application form.
Career Commitment Scholarship - Value £2,000
We award this scholarship to the most promising future legal professionals. Applications will need to demonstrate one or more of the following:
- Aptitude for a legal career – evidence of strong communication and leadership skills, innovation or entrepreneurship skills, and resilience
- Strong work ethic - circumstances where you have shown exceptional discipline and drive, in an academic, professional or personal context
- Commitment to the legal profession - relevant work experience (legal or otherwise), pro bono or voluntary work
- Academic excellence – any relevant achievements in addition to grades
- Personal background – we welcome candidates from backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in law, first generation students, or those who have experienced hardship
Full fee scholarships
Throughout the year, we award up to 10 full-fee scholarships to highly committed individuals. Shortlisted candidates will be awarded a Career Commitment scholarship before being contacted directly and invited to complete an additional assessment. To be considered, your application will need to demonstrate outstanding achievements in one or more of the categories listed above. The successful candidates will be awarded one of the following full fees scholarships:
Dean of the Law School Scholarship
Aimed at high achieving students who can demonstrate an outstanding standard of academic achievement and commitment to their legal career.
Future Leader Scholarship
Offered to those showcasing outstanding leadership skills or innovation ability, with the drive and ambition to become a future leader within the legal profession.
Awarded to those demonstrating a unique and inspiring legal career journey - overcoming obstacles or providing outstanding contribution to charitable causes.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Basic eligibility criteria
To apply, you must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Hold an offer to study with BPP University Law School or BPP University School of Business and Technology
- Achieved a minimum of a 2:1 degree result or equivalent (or 2:2 with evidence of mitigating circumstances, reviewed on a case-by-case basis)
- Not hold full fees sponsorship for the course from elsewhere (e.g. an employer)
You will be asked to demonstrate evidence of your suitability while we assess your application against the relevant scholarship criteria. This will depend based on the course you are applying for.
Deadline: January 31, 2022
Cost/funding for participants: