What could be a better boost for your career than a 2 year contract in one of the world’s the largest scientific experiments, at the cutting edge of technology and one which needs your technical expertise?
Take part in CERN’s VI experience!
What could be a better boost for your career than a 2 year contract in the largest scientific experiment in the world – an Organization at the cutting edge of technology and one which needs your technical expertise?
Imagine having one of your first work experiences at CERN, an environment that will have a major impact on your career!
We welcome applications from talented recent graduates who will have the opportunity to work in a diversity of fields such as: computer science, electrical, electronic and mechanical engineering, cryogenics, ultra-high vacuum, radiation protection, instrumentation for accelerators and particle physics experiments, development of conventional, super-conducting magnets, surveying, large scale metrology and positioning systems.
These are but a few examples of the many domains in which successful applicants will learn and contribute their knowledge.
Apply for one of the specific projects that you’d love to work on, and/or to the generic VIA post which gives us your green light to match you with any project (current or upcoming) that corresponds to your profile.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- You are a European Union national or European Economic Area (EU + Norway, Iceland and Lichtenstein).
- You are between 18 and 28 years old included.
- You studied in the field of applied science, computing, engineering, or administration and you hold a university degree (BSc level or above) or a technical engineer qualification (or are about to graduate).
- You have between 0 and 5 years of relevant experience (after your diploma).
- Candidates who are currently preparing a diploma are eligible to apply. However, they are expected to have obtained their qualification by the time they take up their appointment at CERN.
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Cost/funding for participants:
- Monthly subsistence of 4'128 Chf
- Contract from 6 to 24 months
- 2.5 days of paid leave per month
- ~40 hours/week
- Insurance coverage by a French Insurance company (Cabinet Labalette, Paris)