Crédit Agricole CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Crédit Agricole Group, the world's n°13 bank measured by Tier One Capital (The Banker, July 2017) Crédit Agricole CIB offers its clients a large range of products and services in capital markets, investment banking, structured finance and corporate banking.
The Corporate and Investment Bank is structured around six major divisions:
- Client Coverage & International Network,
- International Trade & Transaction Banking,
- Global Investment Banking,
- Structured Finance,
- Fixed Income Markets,
- Debt Optimisation and Distribution.
The Bank provides support to clients in large international markets through its network with a presence in major countries in Europe, America, Asia Pacific and the Middle East.
Crédit Agricole CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Crédit Agricole Group, the world’s n°13 bank measured by Tier One Capital (The Banker, July 2017). The Bank offers its clients a comprehensive range of products and services structured around six major divisions:
- Client Coverage & International Network
- International Trade & Transaction Banking
- Global Investment Banking
- Structured Finance
- Global Markets
- Debt Optimisation & Distribution
The Bank provides support to clients in large international markets through its network with a presence in major countries in Europe, America, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. The Crédit Agricole Group is one of the largest banking groups in Europe. Built on its strong cooperative and mutual roots, with more than 140,000 employees and a presence in 49 countries the Crédit Agricole Group is a responsible and responsive bank serving 52 million customers globally. Crédit Agricole also stands out for its dynamic, innovative corporate social responsibility policies. This policy is based on a pragmatic approach which permeates across the Group and engages each employee.
For more information, please visit its website at www.ca-cib.com.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a major European bank in London. The role is within the Compliance team.
The Global Business Compliance Monitoring & Surveillance Team is responsible for designing, implementing, monitoring and testing a transversal range of surveillance models across the entire range of businesses of CA CIB and Crédit Agricole SA, London Branch (“CASA”) trading activity, and providing a gap analysis that feeds into the Annual GBC M&S Monitoring Plan.
The intern will be responsible for:
- Monitoring of the Bank’s E-Communications on a daily basis. Working collaboratively with the team to identify suspicious communications to escalate to team leads.
- The main platforms for E-Comms and Voice surveillance will be: Discovery Accelerator, Global relay, Bloomberg Vault and Nice Fusion.
- The intern will have a basic understanding of financial institutions with scope to learn from senior compliance colleagues. The intern will help with the enhancement of the current E-Communication and voice surveillance set up including a formal lexicon review. The Bank is running concurrent programmes to develop tools to further their monitoring abilities.
- Also assist with producing MI/KPIs to relay back to senior Compliance management for reporting purposes.
- It is important for this individual to escalate at the earliest opportunity any suspicious communications and have an understanding of key policies and procedures must be understood as they can form the basis for any internal breaches.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Minimal education level
- Bachelor Degree / BSc Degree or equivalent
Academic qualification / Speciality
- University graduate with a minimum classification of 2:1 or equivalent. Or an undergraduate currently during a course of study, predicted a minimum classification of 2:1 or equivalent
- Experience of internship at a wholesale investment bank / financial services firm
- Strong administrative skills
- Excellent communication (presentational and written) skills
- Good interpersonal skills with strong diplomacy and tact
- Confident and adaptable, and possess an eye for detail
- Proactive, with a ‘can do' attitude
- Ability to work well independently or as part of a team
- Energy and tenacity to work well under pressure to deadlines
- Project management
- Analytical skills
- Team player
- Strong interpersonal skills
Desirable role requirements
- General compliance experience
- Working understanding of a risk management framework and what this means at a wholesale investment bank
Technical skills required
- IT literacy (MS Office, databases etc.)