Reporting to the Ground Stations Operations Manager of the Ground Stations and External Interfaces (GSEI) Team, the Junior Ground Stations Operations Engineer and supports operations and upgrades of EUMETSAT ground stations and external ground station services.
- Support the coordination of the operations of EUMETSAT's operational Ground Stations and externally provided Ground Station services;
- Analyse Ground Station Systems operations and performance, raising Anomaly Reports, supporting investigations and proposing evolutions;
- Support the planning and organisation of upgrades, maintenance and evolutions of Ground Stations, minimising the impact on operational services;
- Definition of requirements and validation of engineering changes affecting the Ground Stations;
- Support the production of operational procedures and training of the operations teams;
- Support the procurement and management of Ground Stations and external service contracts;
- Support the development and transition into operations of future satellite systems.
12 April 2019
EUMETSAT is Europe’s meteorological satellite agency. Its role is to establish and operate meteorological satellites to monitor the weather and climate from space - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
This information is supplied to the National Meteorological Services of the organisation's Member and Cooperating States in Europe, as well as other users worldwide. EUMETSAT also operates several Copernicus missions on behalf of the European Union and provide data services to the Copernicus marine and atmospheric services and their users.
As an intergovernmental European Organisation, EUMETSAT has 30 Member States (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom.)
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
University Degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Telecommunications, RF Engineering, aerospace engineering)
Candidates must be able to work effectively in English and have some knowledge of French.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of ground station elements, RF engineering and/or satellite communication techniques gained through either academic study or practical experience;
- Demonstrated ability in planning, organising and co-ordination of activities and/or people;
- Demonstrated strong aptitude towards problem solving in a technical context, including developing innovative solutions;
- Demonstrated self-starting behaviours and willingness to accept responsibility for the successful completion of a task;
- A demonstrable learning orientation and the willingness to expand own knowledge/skills;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, proven ability to work in a team and to build and maintain personal professional relationships;
- Strong motivation and potential to develop towards full professionalism in the area of ground stations.
Deadline: April 12, 2019
Cost/funding for participants:
The initial contract will be under the EUMETSAT Early Career Employee Programme (ECEP), for two (2) years with grade A1. Subject to successful performance, a further contract of 5 years’ duration will be awarded in a post graded A2-A4. Additional contracts may be awarded thereafter, subject to individual performance and organisation requirements. There is no limit to the amount of follow-up contracts a staff member can receive up to the EUMETSAT retirement age of 63, and there are certainly opportunities to establish a long career perspective at EUMETSAT.
This post is graded A1 on the EUMETSAT salary scales. The minimum basic salary for this post is EURO 4393 per month (net of internal tax) which may be negotiable on the basis of skills and experience. The salary scale provides for increments on the anniversary of taking up employment, and scales are reviewed by the EUMETSAT Council with effect from 1 January each year. In addition to basic salary, EUMETSAT offers attractive benefits.