Germany Netherlands Worldwide
Applicants who will receive fellowships for Research Mobility should acquire at their host (secondment) institution new competences and knowledge related to their research on rare diseases and with benefit to their ERN.
The research mobility fellowships are meant to cover stays of 2 weeks up to 3 months.
The exchange will be accomplished exclusively within member institutions of the same ERN or between member institutions of different ERNs.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- PhD students with a minimum of one year of research experience OR physicians having finished their first year of specialist training
- Be affiliated to an ERN Full Member or to an ERN-Affiliated Partner Institution from one of the 24 ERNs at the time when the application is submitted, as well as during the proposed period of the training stay
- The host (secondment) institutions must be Full or Affiliated Members of an ERN at the time when the application is submitted, as well as during the proposed period of the training stay
- Added value to ERN of the mobility stay
The fellows will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Quality of the proposed training/research plan;
- Applicant’s skills and competences;
- Impact on/added value of the training for the career prospects and knowledge of the applicant;
- Impact on/added value of the training and newly acquired knowledge/skills to the home and host institution (potential for exploitation of acquired knowledge/skills; establishment of new collaboration);
- Impact on/added value of the training and newly acquired knowledge/skills to the ERN as a whole;
- Organization and proposed methodology of the training;
- Relevance of the resources and budget required;
- Relevance of the training timeline.
Deadline: March 16, 2020
Cost/funding for participants:
The total budget foreseen for the fellowships call is of 600.000 €. This budget will be managed by the two responsible institutions:
- Heidelberg-UKL-HD, 300.000€
- Nijmegen-RUMC, 300.000 €
Funded applications will be divided into two equal groups and (by default) assigned to one of the managing institutions.
Travel up to 400€ for the entire fellowship and accommodation expenses up to 2000€ per month will be covered for a fellowship with a duration of up to 3 months. Please note that the costs covered by fellowship have to be financed in advance by the fellows and will be reimbursed against receipt up to a fixed limit.
Fellows will be reimbursed for travel expenses from their place of origin to the host institute, and will receive reimbursement for one single return ticket up to a maximum amount of € 400. The travels must be organized on the basis of the most appropriate and cost-effective means of transport:
- If travelling by air, we will reimburse an economy class ticket only.
- The cost of travel by private car shall be reimbursed at the rate of 0.19 € per km. with a maximum of 1 return per week.
Travel expenses will only be reimbursed on presentation of supporting documents: tickets and/or invoices. These must show the class of travel used, the time of travel and the amount paid. Taxi fares and parking will not be reimbursed. The supporting documents should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com The supporting documents can be sent from the moment they are in the possession of the fellow. We strive to reimburse the costs within 2 weeks.
We will reimburse the fellow’s accommodation expenses up to a maximum of € 100,- per night and € 2.000,- per month (maximum duration exchange is 3 months). Accommodation expenses will be reimbursed only on presentation of supporting documents such as hotel invoices.
Other subsistence costs such as telephone costs, meals and local transport (bus, tram, metro, taxi, parking, motorway tolls, etc.) will not be reimbursed.
The supporting documents should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com The supporting documents can be sent from the moment they are in the possession of the fellow. We strive to reimburse the costs within 2 weeks.
It is important to note that fellows will remain under the employment contract of their home institution; thus their home institution should continue to pay their salary, and all social security will apply during their stay.