The scholarships are intended to candidates of proven academic performance and potential and candidates who have been approved for foreign institution of excellence. It aims to train doctors abroad in institutions with recognized level of excellence in knowledge areas considered cutting-edge scientific and technological, those in which the graduate is deficient in the country or even in priority areas in the Science without Borders Program.
To require a Full Doctorate fellowship, the candidate must submit the proposal by two ways:
- You can contact the Science without Borders’ partners in the destination country. Currently, we have negotiated graduate positions with European Union, UK, USA, Canada and others countries.
- You can contact directly the university/institutions that you wish to study to obtain a Conditional Acceptance Letter.
For implementation of the approved grant, the candidate must obtain acceptance from the University / Institution abroad to start activities in the period corresponding to the current demand, in other words, the schedule in which it competes. Upon registration, the applicant must attach the proposed curriculum of the possible mentor/supervisor, unless directed otherwise constant Specific Call.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Candidate Requirements and Selection Criteria
- Being Brazilian or foreigner with permanent visa in Brazil;
- It is forbidden to grant full doctoral scholarship overseas to the applicant who is a regular student of graduate school in Brazil or who already have a doctorate;
- Have formal language proficiency required for the course, with the score required by the foreign institution, if applicable;
- Do not accumulate this scholarships with other scholarships with funds from the National Treasury;
- Have been approved after consideration of merit in evaluation by Advisory Committees composed of experts in innovation and technology and, if necessary, in an interview for a specific committee;
- Justify the option of making the full doctorate abroad, the relevance of research topic for the development of the area within the Science without Borders.
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Cost/funding for participants:
- Air tickets;
- Monthly living stipend;
- Installation Assistance;
- Assistance to purchase health insurance;
- Tuition and fees required by the institution, except those relating to events, sports associations, students, parking, insurance of “bad professional practice".