Belgium France Germany Greece Italy Netherlands Spain Switzerland United Kingdom
Learn while travelling through Europe this summer!
ABOUT FORUM-NEXUS STUDY ABROAD
Forum-Nexus Study Abroad has a track record of 28 years of successful intensive summer programs in Europe. Since 1990, over 3,400 students have participated in Forum-Nexus programs in Spain, France, Italy, Greece, Germany, Switzerland, Turkey, Austria, Holland and the Czech Republic. The courses are open to both undergraduate and graduate students, as well as to alumni seeking professional development. Forum-Nexus programs are unique in that they give participating students a high value added along a number of different dimensions:
- The programs develop the students’ international outlook, fostering a greater appreciation of other cultures and different economic and political environments.
- Classes are dynamic and interactive, taught by experienced, cosmopolitan professors.
- Students get to visit numerous companies, international organizations, government agencies, and interact with their executives and officials in order to learn about their strategies first-hand.
- The Forum-Nexus cities are world-renowned business and cultural destinations.
- The host universities are fully accredited and rank among the best in Europe.
- Students can earn up to 8 semester credits, which can be used for required or elective courses.
- All students participate in the International IQ Seminar conducted by Dr. Hugo Hervitz, Director of Forum-Nexus.
- Upon successful completion of their courses all students will receive an official diploma and transcript.
- The cost of the programs is reasonable, given all that is included and the high quality of the professors, the universities, the professional visits, and the accommodations.
- The students who participate in Forum-Nexus programs are ambitious, open-minded, highly motivated, and share a desire to appreciate the richness of other cultures.
STUDY ABROAD THIS SUMMER WITH FORUM-NEXUS: Celebrating 28 Years of Life-Changing Summer Programs!
Itinerary (July 2021)
- London, England
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Brussels, Belgium
- Paris, France
- Barcelona, Spain
- Milan, Italy
- Lake Como, Italy
- Lugano, Switzerland
- Rome, Italy
- Island of Rhodes, Greece
Optional weekend excursions to Dublin, Berlin, Lisbon, Prague, Athens, Santorini, and more!
Optional day trips to Venice, Cinque Terre, Versailles, Florence, and more.
Why study abroad with Forum-Nexus?
Because there’s no other program that lets you do all of this, all in one summer:
- SEE THE BEST OF EUROPE: Why study abroad in just one location when you can see more? With Forum-Nexus, you travel throughout Europe and gain a bigger and better perspective, making the most of your time abroad.
- EARN COLLEGE CREDITS: Take classes taught by experienced, multilingual professors and learn about Europe and the European Union while earning 3, 6, or 9 credits transferable to your college or university. Make the world your classroom this summer!
- GAIN PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: All FN students attend professional visits at leading European companies and international organizations during their time abroad. Take it to the next level by completing an internship with Forum-Nexus.
- INCREASE YOUR INTL. IQ: Increase your international IQ and gain valuable international experience that will help you in future classes, jobs, and social situations. Learn about other cultures, and learn a little bit about yourself along the way.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Eligible applicants must be degree-seeking students enrolled in a college or university program, at the undergraduate or graduate level. You may also apply if you are a recent college or university graduate who graduated in the last four years.
- The required minimum GPA is 2.50. Students applying with a GPA below 2.50 will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Applicants with a GPA under 2.50 must submit a letter of recommendation and a statement of explanation.
- International students from universities that do not use a GPA system must have a minimum grade average of 75 out of 100.
- All applicants must be at least 18 years of age by the start of the program.
Deadline: May 31, 2021
Program Starts: June 27, 2021
Program Ends: July 30, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
- Tuition for one, two, or three courses (3, 6, or 9 credits)
- Accommodations in top hotels
- Buffet breakfast in all hotels
- Professional visits
- All transportation within Europe between London and Rome, by flight, private coach, or high-speed train
- Health insurance
- Welcome reception
- Farewell dinner
- On-site staff support
- Official transcripts
The following items are not included:
- Round trip ticket to Europe: You are responsible for booking your flight to the first city in the program (usually London), and your flight home from the last city (usually Rhodes). From the U.S., the average cost is about $1,200.
- Meals other than breakfast: The estimated cost is $30-35 per day.
- Additional courses: The program cost includes one 3-credit course. You may add one or two additional courses, for a total of 6 or 9 credits. Each additional course is $675.
- The flight from Rome to Rhodes on July 26: Students may purchase a plane ticket through Forum-Nexus for this transfer. The cost is expected to be $170 - $220 and more information will be available in March 2021.
- Independent Weekend Day Trips or Excursions