One male and one female winner will be chosen based on the innovation, originality, scalability and environmental sustainability of their business venture.
All applicants benefit from inspiration, education, and support via access to an online platform for entrepreneurs.
GoGettaz. Revolutionise entrepreneurship. Reimagine agri-food. Win $50,000.
Applications are open from 30 May 2019 to 21 July 2019. Complete the entry requirements on the GoGettaz website.
- Preliminary Rounds
After the first round of judging, 30 semi-finalists will be announced on 6 August 2019. 12 finalists will be chosen and announced by 13 August 2019.
The final pitch event will take place on 3 September 2019 at the Africa Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) meeting in Accra, Ghana. Winners will be announced on 4 September 2019 at the event.
Complete the full online application by no later than 21 July at 12 midnight Central Africa Time (CAT). Please review the questions early in the process so you have enough time to prepare thoughtful responses. The application includes questions such as:
● “Give an example of your entrepreneurial mindset.”
● “How does your venture make money?”
● “Who are your main customers?”
● “Who are your main competitors?”
● “What are your biggest business challenges so far and how have you overcome them?”Applicants must fill out each section of the application to be considered. Be sure to allow enough time to complete all sections.
Applicants must also film and submit a video pitch of no longer than three (3) minutes, answering the following questions:
● Who – Introduce yourself and your venture. What is unique about your story?
● What – Tell us what your venture or idea is. What is the potential?
● How – Describe your business model. How is it designed for success, and how is it innovative? Does it use any unique technology or approaches?
● Why – What inspires you about this work? What social impact could it have? What problem does it solve? What jobs does it create?
An expert jury will review all applications, considering criteria such as innovation, originality, scalability, and environmental sustainability
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
GoGettaz is an annual competition to identify innovative entrepreneurial ventures in the agri-food sector founded by young people (young, adult agri-food entrepreneurs, aged 35 and under) across the African continent.
Deadline: July 21, 2019
Program Starts: September 04, 2019
Program Ends: September 04, 2019
Cost/funding for participants:
If you are a young agripreneur with a pioneering business venture, you could win one of two US$50,000 cash prizes that will help you change your world and transform the agri-food business.