Welcome to the Grand Rail Tour 2019 in North Korea! This comprehensive tour will appeal not only to rail enthusiasts but also intrepid travelers and repeat DPRK visitors looking for something completely unique!
- Experiencing extended steam rail travel in the DPRK for the first time in several years;
- Traveling on board our own private charter train with comfortable seated and sleeper carriages, on board bar and restaurant car;
- Viewing the Korean countryside from ground level by train, along stunning rail routes taking in picturesque, rarely seen coastal and mountain scenery;
- The unique opportunity to experience public transport in Pyongyang; ride on several trolleybuses, trams and the metro across the capital;
- Visits to rail-related sights of interest: the Pyongyang railway museum and metro museum, plus street-level photography opportunities of Pyongyang’s tram and trolley bus network;
- Staying in some of the DPRK’s most luxurious hotels; the Majon (5*), Hyangsan (5*), and the Pyongyang Koryo Hotel (4*).
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
This opportunity is open to rail enthusiasts, intrepid travellers, repeat DPRK visitors, everyone interested in exploring North Korea.
Deadline: August 31, 2019
Program Starts: October 27, 2019
Program Ends: November 06, 2019
Cost/funding for participants:
- EUR 2,995/ person for those departing to Beijing by train on Wednesday 06 November
- EUR 3,095/ person for those departing to Beijing by flight on Tuesday 05 November
- EUR 3,160/ person for those departing to Moscow by train on Monday 04 November
Accommodation is in shared twin rooms. If travelling solo, we will match you with another single traveller. If you would prefer a single room, the single room supplement is €315 / person (hotel nights only).
Tour price includes:
- International train ticket in 4 berth sleeper compartment Beijing – Pyongyang – Beijing (meals on board payable locally);
- Private charter train Pyongyang – Hyangsan – Wonsan – Hamhung – Chongjin – Pyongyang (6 days / 5 nights journey with 4 overnight stops at local hotels and 1 night onboard, and sightseeing programme on each day as per the itinerary);
- All accommodation in the DPRK (5* standard in Hamhung and Hyangsan, 4* standard in Pyongyang, 3* standard in Wonsan, 2* standard in Chongjin);
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the DPRK (one drink per meal also included);
- Travel on the Pyongyang metro, trolley buses, and trams across Pyongyang and Chongjin on a variety of routes;
- All entry fees to the places of interest to be visited;
- All road transportation inside the DPRK, in an air-conditioned tour bus;
- The use of two English speaking KITC guides and JTS tour representative.
Tour Price DOES NOT include:
- The DPRK tourist visa fee, the cost of which is EUR 50
- Any expenses incurred outside of the DPRK e.g. international transportation to and from China/Russia, accommodation in China/Russia, visa fee for China/Russia, any other expenses incurred in China/Russia etc.
- Beverages and other incidental expenses incurred for example, souvenirs, extra beverages, flower offerings;
- Hamhung – Hungnam narrow gauge commuter rail line (if available)
- Travel and medical insurance;
- Gratuities for your guides and driver (we would recommend a figure of around EUR 10 per customer per day);
- Single hotel room supplement of EUR 315 / person