The Local Democracy Academy is a study program that brings together an international group of leading scholars, post-doctoral scholars, junior researchers, doctoral students, local policy makers and government officials for an intensive week of mutual learning, critical thinking and joint exploration of new ideas and approaches to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
- Seminars that foment cross-disciplinary local-democracy discussions.
- Workshops on the writing of innovative research proposals, cutting-edge papers, and effective policy briefs.
- Group engagement on your own writings labs on research methods and policy development.
THE 2019 THEME IS:
Global Challenges and Local Governments: Toward Transformative Policy and Practice.
- Social accountability and alternative forms of participation in local democracy
- From climate crises to climate action: roles for local governments
- Global Migration: Rebel cities and communities in search of inclusion
- Children and youth influence in local decision making
- Urban creativity and inclusive cities
- Local governments in post-conflict countries: conflicts and possibilities
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
WHO CAN APPLY?
Senior and junior researchers, post-doctoral scholars and doctoral students interested in the role of cities and local governments in development can apply.
Deadline: March 31, 2019
Program Starts: June 10, 2019
Program Ends: June 14, 2019
Cost/funding for participants:
Participation is free of charge.
ICLD will cover the cost of economy transportation, accommodation and food during the academy. Participants are responsible to obtain any travel documents, including visas, that are require for their entry to Sweden.