We are currently looking for an Assessment Intern to support our IMPACT team in Iraq.
Under the functional supervision of the IMPACT Country Focal Point in Iraq and of IMPACT’s HQ in Geneva, the IMPACT Assessment Intern supports all stages of IMPACT assessments, including their preparation, implementation and follow-up.
Under the functional supervision of the IMPACT Country Focal Pointin Iraq and of IMPACT’sHQ in Geneva, the IMPACT Assessment Intern supports all stages of IMPACT assessments, includingtheir preparation, implementation and follow-up.
During his/her mission,the IMPACT AssessmentIntern will be hosted by ACTED and will fall under thedirect responsibility and management of ACTED’s Country Director and his/her delegatesforall Administrative, Security, Logistics and Finance issues. S/hewill therefore fully abide to ACTED’s Security, HR, Administration and Logistics rules and regulations.
In coordination with the IMPACT Country Focal Point, the IMPACT Assessment Intern shall work closely with in support of designing and implementing IMPACTresearch cycles for UNHCR. This includes:
1. Assessment Preparation and Planning:
- Supporting the IMPACT Assessment Officer to design and implement IMPACT assessment strategy and methodology, including desk reviews and contribution to questionnaire and tool design;
- Working with field staff to design and implement IMPACT assessment procedures, including coordinating and ensuring timely data collection and analysis, and in partnership with GIS team
- Ensuring the writing of timely and accurate assessment reports, factsheets and other outputs (including designing and creating data visualisations using specific software when needed);
- Supporting the development / revision of assessment / programme strategies, reports or new proposals;
- Liaising with programme staff of other ACTED departments to ensure close coordination and information sharing is maintained.
2. Data collection
- Support the identification and training of enumerators for primary data collection;
- Help to overseedata collection, in line with agreed TORs;
- Contribute to the management oflogistics, financial, administration and HR processes related to research cycles and liaise accordingly with the relevant ACTED counterpartincompliance to ACTED FLAT procedures of all activities and teams that s/he supervises.In partnershipwith the GIS team, when relevant,support to ensurethat collected data is geo-referencedenabling the production of mapsand related products;
- Drafting of situation updates on data collection progress for submission to IMPACT Country Focal Point, and,where relevant,external partners and stakeholders.
3. Data management
- Ensure that data is revised and cleaned, and that all revisions are recorded;
- Conduct analysis on collected data as per ToRs;
- Ensure that meaningful techniques are used to analyze the data collected;
- Ensure that data and its analysis are validated by IMPACT HQ before product drafting stage;
- Ensure that data and its analysis do not contain personal information and are validated by IMPACT HQ before sharing to external parties;
- Ensure the quality and accuracy of technical information provided as well as the confidentiality and protection of collected information.
4. Product drafting
- Contribute to thewriting of timely and accurate assessment reports and factsheets, which comply with IMPACT’s guidelines;
- Communicating in advance with GIS colleagues mapping needs for the production of assessment outputs;
- Ensure that all written products are validated by IMPACT HQ before external release;
- Maintain regular communication with IMPACT Assessment Officeron progress and deadlines for written products
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent academic qualifications, including a Master degree in relevant discipline;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting;
- Excellent team management skills;
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility;
- Familiarity with the aid system, and understanding of donor and governmental requirements;
- Prior knowledge of the region an asset
- Fluency in English required, Arabic and asset
- Ability to operate Microsoft Word and Project Management Software
- Advanced skills in Excel, SPSS, R or related statistical programming
- Ability to work independently
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your application using the form below. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In case you encounter challenges using the application form, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.