We are happy to inform you that ISCONTOUR 2022 will take place again at the MCI Innsbruck in Austria. Jointly organised by the Management Center Innsbruck (MCI) and IMC University of Applied Sciences Krems, the ISCONTOUR 2022 will be hosted either at the MCI Innsbruck or at the IMC University of Applied Sciences Krems.
Research papers from the widest spectrum of the below mentioned topics are presented by students and graduates of Bachelor-, Master and Doctoral Degree programmes. Submitted papers must be based on approved Bachelor- or Master-Theses which were submitted between 2019 and 2021, or evaluated seminar papers handed-in between 2019 and 2021.
- Paper submission deadline: 10 January 2022
- Reviewer’s feedback until: 31 January 2022
- Submission date for revised paper: 25 February 2022
- Early bird conference registration closes: 11 April 2022
- Conference registration closes: 8 May 2022
- Conference dates: 16-17 May 2022
Topics to be covered at the conference include but are not limited to:
- Marketing and Management
- Destination Management
- Family Businesses in Tourism
- Tourism Product Development & Sustainability
- Information and Communication Technologies
- Financing and Budgeting
- Human Resource Management
The conference offers students and graduates a unique platform to present their research and to establish a mutual knowledge transfer and networking forum for attendees from academia, industry, government and other organisations.
Stefanie Bohacek, best-ICT-related paper award winner, summarises her ISCONTOUR experience: „If you would have asked me half a year ago if I could imagine an academic career I would have most probably answered with ‘I don’t know.’ However, when my research paper got accepted by the ISCONTOUR committee and especially when it received the Best ICT Paper Award I realized that there might be an undiscovered strength and passion in me for research work. Now, that I could present my study – on which I spent a large amount of hours time and energy – I begun to understand how good it feels to talk about something that YOU created.”
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
The targeted audiences include international students, graduates, teachers and lecturers from the field of tourism and leisure management as well as companies and anyone interested in the conference topic areas.
Submissions must comprise 12 pages and should be innovative in order to advance the body of knowledge of the related fields. All submissions will be evaluated for novelty, significance and soundness by an international scientific review committee. The Conference Proceedings (printed copy) will include all accepted papers.
Before submitting a paper, please read the Author Guidelines carefully.
Deadline: May 08, 2022
Program Starts: May 16, 2022
Program Ends: May 17, 2022
Cost/funding for participants:
The best three submitted papers in the following categories will be awarded!
- Best ISCONTOUR 2022 Research Paper
- Best ISCONTOUR 2022 ICT-related Research Paper (sponsored by incert)
The awardees of the best research papers will be rewarded during the conference.
Conference Fees and Registration
Details regarding registration: Please select your ticket category and choose from additional events (e.g. Research Methodology Workshop, Social Programmes) which are included in the conference fee.
Conference ticket categories:
- Students: € 48,- (early bird) / € 55,- (regular fee – after 11 April 2022)
- Non–students: € 135,- (early bird) / € 150,- (regular fee – after 11 April 2022)
- IMC FH Krems and MCI Innsbruck Alumni: € 110,- (early bird) / € 140,- (regular fee – after 11 April 2022)
Early bird conference registration available until 11 April 2022!