ABB Corporate Research currently has an opening for a BSc or MSc student of Electrical Engineering to join its Power Electronics Converters Group in Baden-Dättwil as an Intern for a period of six months.
We offer a friendly, international work environment with possibility to be part of industrial research projects. Internship at ABB Corporate Research is an excellent way to obtain industrial work experience, to meet people from many different countries, and to learn to apply theory to practice. Do you have a keen interest in power electronics, combined with the desire to broaden your horizons in this exciting line of business? Welcome to our world!
- Contribute to applied research in the field of power electronic converters
- Develop power electronic converters focusing on simulation, design, and implementation
- Perform experiments, evaluate and interpret experimental results
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Currently pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering or similar (BSc or MSc; official enrollment essential)
- Background in power electronics
- At least two of the following technical skill set is required: Basic knowledge in programming language (Matlab, C/C++ or Python), in embedded system (DSP or FPGA), in PCB design or in FEM/CFD simulation
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated mindset and ability to work independently
- Fluent command of English
- Non-EU/EFTA citizens, please note that a certificate from your university, showing that an internship is a mandatory part of studies, is required for the visa application
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants:
ABB is able to offer you an interesting role within a highly motivated team, together with open communication structures. On the basis of a personal, practice-oriented introduction program, you will be given the opportunity to acquire the confidence needed to work independently as well as be a constructive member of an inclusive team within your assigned area. ABB is also able to provide a wealth of opportunity for personal development once you have completed your introduction period, the aim being to assist you in attaining your career goals. Personalized development programs with targeted training measures will help you to enhance your skills on a continuous basis.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool.