- Reports directly to the Master any misalignment and no-conformity referred to the Environmental protection and to the correct application of Environmental Company policy;
- Ensures that the garbage is managed correctly, gathered and lawfully disposed in accordance with MARPOL regulations, national, local legislation and Company policy. Assists the shipboard personnel and the authorized appointed companies during the operational garbage disposal;
- Ensures the proper management of the waste water and effluent external sampling tests, according to the Company instructions; files the results and reports sent on board through the Company;
- Makes certain that the Company Policy referred to the Air Emission Management is duly followed. Defines the working schedule of the incinerator and the use of the food waste system discharge, according to the International, local rules and Company procedures;
- In cooperation with the Safety Officer, ensures and performs the environmental trainings to all crew members. Ensures that onboard personnel is trained on Chemical Safety as per Company policy and Chemical Management Manual;
- Makes certain that all external companies and their technicians, once on board are aware of the Environmental Company policy and relevant procedures in order to efficiently and lawfully cope with situations that may cause pollution;
- Together with the Safety Officer, coordinates and directs the monthly Pollution Emergency drills, assists the Staff Captain with any Environmental findings, following to inspections/audits internal and external;
- Cooperates with the 1st Officer on the performance of the Risk Assessment, supporting him about the environmental aspects compliance;
- Carries out periodic inspections of all safety and environmental protection appliances and equipment, which must be properly maintained at all times;
- Updates all environmental logbooks and plans ensuring the correct recordkeeping and filling out by the respective shipboard personnel. Provides an environmental schedule for the voyage, verifying that all environmental restrictions in the ships’ area of operation have been included in the voyage plan, and ensuring the correct application of the Company Policies.
MSC Cruises is the world‘s largest privately-owned cruise company and the number one cruise line in Europe and South America.
A game-changer in the world of cruises, the Company has achieved 800% growth in its first ten years, building a global reputation in the industry and one of the youngest cruise fleets at sea. MSC Cruises is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland.
The MSC Cruises fleet currently comprises 15 ultra-modern, highly innovative and elegantly designed ships, offering an unparalleled holiday experience with always delicious and authentic food, award-winning entertainment, plenty of relaxation, comfortable accommodation, as well as impeccable service and expertise.
Under its ambitious industry-unprecedented €11.6 billion investment plan, the fleet is set to expand to 25 mega-cruise ships by 2026. To date, MSC Cruises has designed six new ship classes, all prototypes that push the boundaries of marine architecture and design.
MSC Cruises feels a deep responsibility towards the physical and human environments in which it operates. The Company operates with the greatest respect for the world‘s oceans and is on an ongoing journey to further develop innovative ways of lowering the environmental impact of its cruise passages.
MSC Cruises holiday experiences are sold across the globe through a distribution network in 70 countries. The Company employs over 23,500 people worldwide, both ashore and on board its ships. MSC Cruises is part of MSC Group which is comprised of leading transport and logistics companies.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
JOB REQUIREMENTS (skills, competencies, experience)
- Fluent in oral and written English (working & safety language of the Company);
- Environmental / Science-based bachelor’s degree or higher. Successful completion of EO Company training;
- STCW 95 Compliance with the requirements of STCW 95 regarding certification for this position;
- Has a complete knowledge of the MARPOL, Garbage Management Plan, Chemical Management Plan and ISO 14001/50001;
- Basic Windows based programs knowledge;
- A recognised medical certification is required;
- Proven ability to work in a harmonious productive team environment;
- Meet the requirements of the laws of the Flag State of the ship regarding health & physical requirements;
- Extensive successful experience in a similar position within MSC or other Cruise company;
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.