Work with ECS Group and transform the air freight industry - think you can revolutionize the air cargo industry? Whether you’re a student, a startup or an ECS Group employee, take part in this challenge to be in with a chance of winning a range of prizes. ECS Group will provide €100k of funding for the winning startup’s project and €50k of funding for the winning employee’s project. The winning students will win the trip of a lifetime!
Your mission: revolutionize the air cargo industry by combining quality with innovation.
Through this challenge, ECS Group – the leading GSSA player – wants to help regenerate the industry by giving startups, students and its own employees all over the world the chance to showcase their talent and put it to use to benefit an unbelievably dynamic industry!
Innovation is at the heart of this challenge, and ECS Group is looking for the tools, services and communication resources of the future that will allow it to offer the air freight industry the solutions that best meet its needs.
Whether you’re a developer, an expert in digitalization, a process pro, an IT genius, a big data fanatic, an exceptional communicator, a creator of tools, an inventor of services, or a fervent defender of the environment – essentially, whoever you are – we want to hear your idea to revolutionize the air freight industry and ECS Group. So don’t delay and...
... Sign up today!
Application stage (until 3 March 2019 – 23.59 GMT+2)
For the first stage, you’re asked to submit two documents:
- Answers to the online questionnaire available in your participation area
- A brief presentation of your solution in around five slides (PDF format)
*A template is available in your participation area if you wish to use it.
The best student, startup and employee projects will be selected for the expansion stage.
Expansion Stage (from 14 March to 10 April 2019 – 23.59 GMT+2)
With support from ECS Group Mentors and/or Guest Mentors from the industry chosen for their in-depth specialist knowledge of air freight, the selected teams will be asked to submit a more detailed document of around 15 to 20 slides (in PDF format). This deliverable should help the jury to understand the benefits your project brings and its feasibility, and it should also make them want to work with you! You’ll also be asked for a short video introducing yourself and a summary of your project (max. 2 pages in PDF format).
You can also add any other documents you think will complement your presentation. The idea is to win over the jury and get through to the final! You should submit your detailed documents directly online via your participation space.
Final (week commencing 6 May 2019)
If you’re one of the finalists, you’ll have the opportunity to take part in the grand final and be in the running for the top startup, student or ECS Group employee prize. You’ll spend 48 hours “locked” in an ECS Group office near you – there are many worldwide – where you’ll:
- Day 1: prepare and finalize your pitch with help from your Mentors to present your innovative solution for ECS Group and the air freight industry as a whole! Each pitch should last no more than 5 minutes.
- Day 2: Give your pitch to the special jury to be in with a chance of being selected as one of the top 10 and win your ticket to Munich!
The top 10 teams will be invited to Munich for the Air Cargo Europe trade show, the air cargo industry’s biggest event. The three winners will be announced on stage at the trade show at a ceremony attended by the industry’s most influential players, including airlines, freight forwarders, handling agencies, GSSAs, and more.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Participation to the Challenge is under the conditions of:
- Being any natural adult person, currently enrolled in higher education or anyone graduated from an institution of higher education of the territory two years ago or less and able to justify it with a student card.
- being any person on legal age and able to justify it with an Identification card
being a company:
- registered on the trade register of the country in which their headquarters are based
- with a valid professional insurance policy
- able to supply a registration certificate issued within last three (3) months
- certifying that they comply with the social and tax legislation to which they are subject
Deadline: March 03, 2019
Cost/funding for participants:
Up for grabs for winners
- Student prize: The winning student team will win a trip worth up to €5000 per team to jet off to their dream destination
- Startup prize: The winning startup will have the chance to receive up to €100,000 of funding for their project as well as mentoring from ECS Group experts
- Employee prize: The winning employee will have the chance to receive up to €50,000 of funding for their project
- For all finalists: The 10 finalists will be invited to Air Cargo Europe, the biggest industry event in the world of cargo, in Munich on 5 June 2019. Projects will be presented in a dedicated brochure handed out at the event, offering finalists unrivalled visibility – the trade show is attended by as many employers/business angels/customers as businesses!