Earn a scholarship to learn how to build, train, and deploy state-of-the-art deep learning models with PyTorch
How it Works
This scholarship is open to all applicants interested in building their deep learning skill set. Applicants 18 years of age or older are invited to apply. We’ll review all applications and select 10,000 recipients to participate in the Scholarship Challenge Course. This is where your learning begins! You’ll spend 2 months building powerful deep learning models with PyTorch. Top students from the initial Challenge Course will be selected for the Deep Learning Nanodegree program.
The scholarship program is structured in two phases:
- Phase 1: Challenge Course - During the first phase of this program, students take Udacity’s "Introduction to Deep Learning with PyTorch" course. The duration of this course is two months. Program participants will receive support from community managers throughout their learning experience in this course, and will be part of a dynamic student community and network of scholars.
- Phase 2: Full Nanodegree Scholarship - The top 300 students from the first phase of the program will earn a full scholarship to Udacity’s Deep Learning Nanodegree program, where they’ll cover Convolutional and Recurrent Neural Networks, Generative Adversarial Networks, Deployment, and more. Students will use PyTorch, and have access to GPUs to train models faster, as they learn from authorities like Sebastian Thrun, Ian Goodfellow, Jun-Yan Zhu, and Andrew Trask.
Applications open on Oct 2, 2018 and close on Oct 23, 2018. Acceptances will be announced on Oct 30, 2018, and participants will start the Challenge Course the following week.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
The opportunity is open to anyone eager to expand their deep learning and AI skills, who is at least 18 years of age, and who possesses intermediate Python knowledge. Applicants should be prepared to commit approximately 10 hours of study per week during the Challenge Course phase. Should you earn a scholarship to the Deep Learning Nanodegree program, you should expect to maintain that same level of commitment.
Udacity will evaluate applications with a view to selecting recipients who possess:
- Diversity of perspective and experience
- Goal orientation, and the desire to make an impact
- Demonstrated determination and grit
- Willingness to dedicate sufficient time to their studies
- Prerequisite knowledge where relevant
From the 10,000 original participants, 300 will be selected for the full Nanodegree program scholarship based on:
- Successful completion of the Challenge Course
- Level of participation and support of classmates in the student community
- Re-assessment of essays from the original scholarship application
- All the selection criteria used in Phase 1
Deadline: October 23, 2018
Cost/funding for participants:
From the 10,000 original participants, 300 will be selected for the full Nanodegree program scholarship.