Our industry leadership in imaging, light and sensors results from a unique combination of wafer-level integration, pragmatic innovation, total supply chain control, a culture of integrity, and a 20+ year track record of delivering breakthrough technologies to leading OEMs. Backed by world-class investors, Heptagon’s teams are located all over the world.
Junior Product Designer (M/F) Job Description
Reporting to: Product Design Team Manager
Working a multidisciplinary team being responsible of the mechanical design:
- Packaging design of optoelectronic devices
- Getting familiar with Heptagon proprietary opto-electronic packaging technologies
- Support the other members in the design team with mechanical design, analysis and simulations.
- Be responsible of the product technical documentation
As a member of the Heptagon team, the candidate will have a wide and varying set of responsibilities as our organization grows and evolves.
These may include:
- Sharing the responsibility in the mastering/material with other team members.
- Ongoing support to other members of the team.
- Contributing to the ongoing creation of a positive, productive work environment
- Must be willing to travel, 20% of the work time
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Candidates must have at least 1 year of experiences in working microelectronics packaging design.
- Have a completed education, preferably a master degree in mechanical engineering or electro-mechanical, mechatronic engineering.
- Must be familiar with 3D CAD tools, (Solid Works, Creo and AutoCAD preferred)
- Knowledge of an electrical CAD tool (like ORCAD) is also requested.
- Skill in Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) numerical techniques for thermal modeling and mechanical finite element analysis (FEA) of IC packaging, using FLOSIMULATION or COMSOL is a plus.
- Have experience designing very small components
- Knowledge of mechanical and thermal behavior of plastic material
- Knowledge of various molding techniques
- Have a very good level in English communication (spoken and written), German is a plus