United States of America
We work with clients in over 100 countries around the world to deliver the expertise and execution required to raise capital, access markets, mitigate risk and acquire or dispose of assets. We are consistently ranked among the largest global investment banks according to Bloomberg and Dealogic.
RBC Capital Markets is part of a leading provider of financial services, Royal Bank of Canada (RBC). Operating since 1869, RBC is one of the top 15 largest banks in the world and the fifth largest in North America, as measured by market capitalization. With a strong capital base and consistent financial performance, RBC is among a small group of highly rated global banks.
U.S.Summer Associate Program
Each year, we invite rising second-year MBA students to join our Global Investment Banking (GIB) platform for a 10-week U.S. Summer Associate Program. The program provides an opportunity for you to experience the culture and atmosphere of RBC Capital Markets and experience the role of a full-time Associate.
What will you do?
GIB provides a complete suite of strategic advisory services, as well as equity and debt capital raising capabilities for leading corporations, institutions and governments. RBC Capital Markets’ investment banking platform focuses on nine core industries and seven product groups.
Groups: Financial Sponsors
- Communications, Media and Entertainment (CME)
Similar to full-time Associates, Summer Associates will spend their time:
- Working on a variety of live transactions and client-facing business development initiatives in all areas of GIB
- Developing and preserving complex financial models
- Contributing to the delivery of client meetings and presentations
- Conducting research to analyze market trends
- Researching and analyzing future opportunities
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
What do you need to succeed?
In selecting Associates, we look for the following:
- Students in their penultimate year of study at an accredited 2-year MBA program
- 2+ years’ work post-undergraduate work experience
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Value and possess strong competency in the following behaviors: Collaboration, Relationship Building, Communication, Integrity and Operating with Diverse and Inclusive Mindset
- Well-rounded set of interests and extra-curricular activities beyond academics
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, think progressively, continue our growth, and deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our individual/collective potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
Deadline: April 10, 2020
Cost/funding for participants:
From this experience you would gain:
- A strong foundation in fundamental investment banking skills such as financial modeling and analysis, transaction execution and negotiation, and in-depth industry/product knowledge
- A better understanding of RBC’s products and services
- The support of a mentor (typically a full-time Associate or Vice President)
- An opportunity to network and discuss career opportunities through a number of social events