United States of America
RBC Capital Markets is a premier investment bank that provides a focused set of products and services to corporations, financial institutions, institutional investors and governments around the world. With more than 7,100 professionals, we operate out of 70 offices in 15 countries across North America, the U.K., Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We work with clients in over 100 countries around the globe to deliver the expertise and execution required to raise capital, access markets, mitigate risk and acquire or dispose of assets. According to Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters and Dealogic, we are consistently ranked among the largest global investment banks.
CAPITAL MARKETS ORIGINATION SUMMER PROGRAMS
Capital Markets Origination consists of global businesses within RBC Capital Markets that provide underwriting, capital-raising, hedging, liability management, ratings advisory, structuring expertise and execution to help our clients across industries successfully raise funding in the unsecured, secured and private debt markets, derivative markets and the public and private equity markets. These groups work closely with our investment banking, corporate banking, research and sales and trading groups globally to advise and to achieve optimal execution across the capital structure of our clients.
Capital Markets Origination offers internship opportunities for energetic, bright and talented undergraduates and graduates. Our Summer Analyst Programs extend for 10 weeks and provides interns the opportunity to gain in-depth, hands-on experience while working and learning alongside our experienced market professionals.
In evaluating and selecting intern candidates, we look for well-rounded individuals with a track record of outstanding academic achievement, an attention to detail, ability to thrive in a multi-tasking and detail-oriented environment, proven technical and analytical skills and a diversity of extracurricular activities. Other essential qualities we look for include strong oral and written communication skills, leadership qualities, initiative and the ability to play a key role as a team member in a fast-paced and challenging work environment.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Our summer analysts help develop ideas and market insights to support the team in the origination, syndication and execution of corporate debt, equity and hedging transactions across a number of industry groups. Being a banker within Capital Markets Origination is unique as you provide both product expertise and industry coverage to a global client base.
- Debt Capital Markets (DCM) is consistently ranked as a leading originator and distributor of debt products. Whether our clients need to refinance operations, raise funds for an acquisition or restructure existing debt, we offer a powerful combination of global capabilities, sector knowledge and unrivalled execution, all backed by a strong balance sheet and one of the best credit ratings among global banks.
- Securitization (Term ABS & Conduit Finance) is a top-5 originator across the industry and offers attractive financing alternatives for companies that have current funding and liquidity needs. We work with clients to identify and convert future income streams – such as auto receivables, student loans and credit card receivables – into tradeable securities. We have extensive experience covering a wide range of traditional and non-traditional assets, as well as delivering innovative solutions and proprietary analytics.
- Equity Capital Markets (ECM) structures and executes public and private equity, equity-linked offerings and corporate equity derivatives for a global client base. We are a leader in the placement of equity and equity-linked products with a range of institutional investors around the globe and retail investors across North America. ECM partners closely with RBC’s investment banking professionals to advise corporations, governments, private companies and financial sponsors. We provide expertise on financing and monetization structures, execution frameworks and market receptivity to specific transactions and equity placements. RBC’s ECM team focuses on initial public offerings, follow-on issuances, convertible and other equity-linked offerings, corporate equity derivatives, and private placements.
- Risk Solutions Group (RSG) provides hedging solutions and execution services for corporate, financial institution, private equity and real estate fund clients. The team focuses on working with clients to structure interest rate, currency and commodity solutions to hedge transactional and balance sheet exposures. From evaluating risk to structuring, pricing and executing trades, RSG is involved in every facet of client transactions and works closely with Corporate & Investment Banking, Debt Capital Markets, Leveraged Finance and Sales & Trading teams.
As a Capital Markets Origination Summer Analyst you will spend your time:
- Developing and preserving complex financial models
- Creating pitch books and other client materials
- Conducting and presenting research to identify market trends used in business decisions
- Supporting live deals and major transactions
- Working closely with senior bankers to better understand the business we do