Belarus Belgium Bulgaria Colombia Croatia Czech Republic Estonia Finland France Germany Kazakhstan Kyrgyzstan Latvia Online Poland Romania Russia Serbia Slovakia Slovenia South Africa Spain Turkey Ukraine United Kingdom
As the world is becoming increasingly urban and cities are becoming larger and more densely populated, our energy consumption and CO2 emissions are increasing, and actions are required. The task for 13th International Edition of Multi-Comfort House Students Contest is the Urban Regeneration of a community within the perimeter of Gran San Blas area of Madrid. You will have the opportunity to create a sustainable architecture integrated into the urban space, taking into account the climatic conditions and regional context of Madrid. Constructional, social and economic aspects should be considered and the proposed solution should give a new impulse in the existing urban area. Register by March 1st 2017 and submit your final application by March 15th 2017. Participate today for a chance to win a trip to Spain and compete in the final stages as well as cash prizes totalling over €3,000 (for the Online Stage).
In recent years the Multi-Comfort House Student Contest has developed from a regional event aimed at architecture students to an international forum for anyone with an interest in architecture.
The opportunity to compare work and meet with international colleagues has made the competition incredibly popular with students and professors alike. In only a few years the contest has grown from just five participating countries to a worldwide competition.
The task for 13th International Edition of the Multi-Comfort House Students Contest by Saint-Gobain ISOVER, in close collaboration with the Department of Architecture for the Municipality of Madrid, is the urban regeneration of a community within the perimeter of the Gran San Blas area of Madrid.
The contest is open to all students, regardless of their degree focus (architecture, engineering or other disciplines). Students may participate as individuals or in teams of 2.
The Multi-Comfort House Students Contest is a 2-stage competition:
- National Stage organized in twenty-four countries: Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria,Croatia, Czech Republic, Colombia, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, South Africa, Turkey, UK, Ukraine, Serbia.
- Online Stage open to all students independent of their formation (architectural, engineering or other disciplines) learning in the academic year 2016-2017 in universities situated in countries that do not organize national stages.
- International Stage where the winning teams from the Online and National Stages will be invited to participate.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Submission Rules - Online Entry Stage
Each participant has to register individually at www.isover-students.com by March 1st, 2017 at 17:00 CET.
Only registered participants will receive news and details regarding the competition, and have access to online training courses organized by Saint-Gobain Isover.
Each participating individual or team from the Online Entry Stage must submit the following documents:
- A PDF document containing the description of their Design Concept, taking into account the competition requirements in section 2.6 of the rules and guidelines. The Design Concept must be written in English and should be maximum 30 pages.
- The PDF export of MCH Designer calculation for their project.
The documents must be uploaded to the dedicated submission section of www.isover-students.com. The deadline for submissions is March 15th, 2017 at 17:00 CET.
The winners will be announced on April 14th, 2017 at www.isover-students.com.
The organizer will cover the cost of transportation and accommodation for participants invited to the International Stage.
Any participating team that fails to register at www.isover-students.com or provides incomplete or false information will be disqualified from competition.
Deadline: March 01, 2017
Cost/funding for participants:
- 1st prize €1,500
- 2nd prize €1,000
- 3rd prize €750
Online Stage Deadlines
- To register: March 1st, 2017 at 17:00 CET
- To submit: March 15th, 2017 at 17:00 CET
Information regarding the value and number of prizes for the National Stage will be provided by the local ISOVER and Izocam organizations in each country.
- 1st prize € 1,500
- 2nd prize €1,000
- 3rd prize €750
- Special prize €500
- Student prize €500
Participants can win cash prizes and a trip to the international stage that is located in Madrid, which includes transport, accommodation and meals.