As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
This role is part of SAP’s Internship Experience Project (iXp).
With iXp we focus on providing a best-in-class intern experience and assigning impactful projects in strategic areas of SAP’s business. iXp interns are inquisitive, capable and eager individuals, fueling the next generation of SAP.
What makes our 10 week – 6 month, paid, fulltime internship program different than any other?
Our interns transform the way we conduct business. They:
- Run campaigns that hit the bottom line
- Develop some of the latest technologies and products
- Learn from business executives
- Meet with top talent around the world
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The Project Manager role works close with Senior Engineering Management to assist in planning and coordination of complex multi-site, multi-cultural, enterprise software projects. Project Manager will also be involved in doing some testing activities and creating test cases and test plans for the fixes that are delivered.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Assist in the planning and coordination of meetings and follow-up of action items and key issues
- Support day to day activities (projects and management)
- Support key project drivers and managers in the group with moving projects forwards
- Assist in global operations of the group
- Assist quality management for the projects
- Learn the Product and create, modify and execute test plans and test cases
- Trouble shoot and fix problems in test cases at the source code level
Who We Are
SAP is the world’s largest business software company – founded in 1972 and headquartered in Walldorf, Germany. We serve some of the most amazing customers – and we always have exciting projects on the go. Our mission is to Run Simple, and we’re big on using our technological and business know-how to make the world a better place.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Requires candidates to currently be enrolled in an undergraduate or Master’s program that is applicable to the position
- Windows and UNIX experience.
- Solid understanding of OS concepts
- SQL and database experience (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, MySQL, Sybase).
- Application Server knowledge (Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere).
- Strong technical and functional expertise, good programming skills
- Distinctive ability to analyze abstract tasks and problems
- Very Good communication skills
- Cooperative attitude, excellent team player
- Excellent organization skills ability to multi-task several projects and prioritize work
- Ability to understand the broader context of a customer issue in a complex environment
- Must be detail oriented and process oriented
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- Can commit for an 8-month full time internship starting September 2017
- Computer Science or Software Engineering major; Business minor preferred
- Please apply only if you are able to commit to 8 months in your work term
- Cover Letters preferred but not required
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.