United States of America
As a key member of a small and versatile team, you design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions.
In just eight years, YouTube has grown into a video community that 1 billion people across the globe use to access information, share video, and shape culture. The YouTube and Video team helps budding filmmakers and musicians build careers, creates products like YouTube Live and runs collaborative projects like Life in a Day and the YouTube Space Lab. We are changing how people entertain, inform, share and change the world, one video at a time.
- Develop scripts to automate routine tasks while also reading and reviewing others’ code to provide feedback.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution to effectively solve problems.
- Mitigate reliability failures in a component or system.
- Create and support a productive and innovative team (this includes working with peers, managers, and teams.).
- Take on tasks as requested, following through to completion despite roadblocks or distractions.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience or previous project assignments with Data Structures and Algorithms (i.e. selecting and implementing an algorithm, using data structures to solve a problem.) Experience creating algorithms that improve a product’s capabilities, speed, efficiency, or reliability.
- Experience with data structures, branching, function-calls, and conditionals as well as debugging code and submitting the fix.
- Graduated from a BS/MS program in Dec 2017 or Spring/Summer 2018.
- Experience manipulating code to improve system availability and latency; Experience with improving inventing or demonstrating the value of new algorithms that improve a product's capabilities, speed, efficiency and reliability.
- Skill in isolating problems to a database subsystem.