United States of America
You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities while on the lot. This Summer internship is from May/June through mid-August. All candidates must be able to work between 40 hours a week.
The Publicity department in New York creates and executes campaigns for all Columbia Pictures titles, which include elements of broadcast, print, and online media.
The team currently consists of eight members (six in national publicity and two in field publicity). Together they build interest and awareness of their film titles through the press which include screenings, stunts, and talent participation.
- Researching and creating a comprehensive report on the competitive climate
- Helping out at screenings, which includes checking in attendees, sitting through screening writing recaps
- Assisting with talent at special events, screenings, and broadcast appearances
- Attending and contributing to brainstorming meetings for all film campaigns
- Updating documents to aid in campaign strategy planning
- Tracking film coverage and relevant industry news as well as social media coverage
- Helping to coordinate press mailers
The intern will gain experience/exposure to the following:
- An understanding of the broader landscape of film publicity, and how a campaign is built from the moment a movie is greenlit to its release
- How the publicity department works alongside other departments including digital, social, and marketing
- Learning how to effectively research using traditional outlets as well as creativity
- Red carpet events with high caliber talent
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Demonstrated interest in publicity through relevant coursework and experiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Power Point, as well as all forms of social media
- Passion for the entertainment industry as a whole
- Undergrad student studying relevant field
- Must have prior PR experience or Events Planning Experience
- Marketing experience is a plus
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.