Argentina Germany India Korea, South Taiwan United Kingdom United States of America
Study in 7 completely different countries during your undergraduate studies!
Preparing to succeed in an era of global uncertainty requires developing your intellect, building your character, and learning practical capabilities. Minerva Schools at KGI is a global University program that, in just four years, has reinvented higher education to become one of the most selective institutions in the world.
If you are unhappy with your current University, you are still encouraged to apply to Minerva as a transfer student.
Your undergraduate education needs to be as multidimensional as you are. It should challenge you academically, expose you to a diversity of global cultures, and enable you to develop the broad knowledge and practical skills needed to solve the most complex issues of our time. Minerva is intentionally designed to develop your intellect across multiple disciplines, as well as critical life skills, professional capabilities, and key aspects of your personal character.
Combining the expertise of former Harvard University dean and renowned learning psychologist, Dr. Stephen M. Kosslyn, and Silicon Valley entrepreneur Ben Nelson, Minerva was designed to rectify the many flaws facing higher education, from unfair admissions practices and rising tuition, to outdated curriculum and ineffective learning techniques. The result is the first liberal arts institution for the 21st century student.
The Minerva Experience:
Global immersions – Minerva students live in seven different cities – San Francisco, London, Berlin, Buenos Aires, Seoul, Hyderabad and Taipei – during their four years of study, for a truly global experience.
Innovative learning – All classes are highly interactive, discussion-based seminars taught using proven instructional methodologies and innovative technology. Check out our class video below:
Practical experience – Not only will students develop the transferable skills needed to succeed in the modern world, they will have ample opportunities to apply class learnings in real-world contexts, by working on projects and engaging with top organizations in each city.
Personalized, Lifelong Career Support – Minerva students receive personal coaching, access to publicists and other unprecedented support as students, and throughout their post graduate lives. After just one year at Minerva, students secured internships and research positions at organizations like Apple, Amazon, Airbnb, Uber, IDEO, CalTech, and UCSF. Chat now with current Minervans!
Accessible – Tuition is $14,450/year* – a fraction of the cost of other top tier universities. Minerva offers generous need-based financial aid to ensure all admitted students have the opportunity to attend, regardless of where they come from.
- Transfer students are welcome to apply: Many Minerva students have made the decision to apply and enroll after attending — even graduating from — other undergraduate programs. The reasons, while varied, revolve around a feeling of deep dissatisfaction with these other institutions. You can transfer up to eight credit units* from your current university. More info on how on transfering to the Minerva University here.
*projection for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Admission to Minerva is not a matter of chance: Regardless of where you come from, if you meet our rigorous standards — demonstrating the curiosity, drive, and potential to excel — you are guaranteed an invitation to attend.
- Our unique approach to admissions is designed to avoid bias, allowing for both worldwide student access and extremely high selectivity: Your admission is based on merit alone and is determined by our own specific criteria, not standardized test scores or generic essay questions. We also have the unique advantage of unlimited enrollment, so you are not competing with other applicants for a spot.
- If you are deeply inquisitive, independently motivated, and globally-minded, you might be right for Minerva: While your academic performance is an important factor, we also look for interests and achievements outside of class — indicators of your potential to improve the human condition and collaborate in solving the most complex problems of our time.
- Minerva welcomes transfer students with the possibility of transferring some credits from your previous university toward elective courses at Minerva. Find more info here.
KEY STUDENT ATTRIBUTES /
- Broad interest in multiple subjects
- Passion in at least one specific domain
- Curiosity about the world and its people
- Continuous drive to excel
- Community oriented
- Inventive, entrepreneurial spirit
- Leadership potential
- Collaborative ability
- Early Action: November 1 2020 (Notification Date: Dec 15)
- Regular deadline: January 15 2021 (Notification Date: Mar 31)
- The final deadline: March 15 2021 (Notification Date: Apr 16)
APPLICATION TIPS: How to apply successfuly?
Before you apply to the Minerva Schools, make sure you watch these super videos on how to apply successfully:
- General application tips from the Minerva Schools’ student.
Deadline: March 15, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
By keeping the cost of your education as low as possible, we help ensure you do not graduate saddled with debt.
At Minerva, your annual tuition is about a quarter of what you would pay at other top universities, while housing, services, and other fees are comparable with those at most every other public and private institution in the United States. Instead of costly campus amenities, you use the best of each city for studying, research, location-based learning, and social activities.
*projection for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Invest in Your Future
Admission to Minerva is merit-based and need-blind. Accordingly, your eligibility for financial aid is determined entirely by your demonstrated need. We evaluate each admitted student’s financial situation impartially by ensuring equal opportunity, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, or gender. If you are admitted and demonstrate financial need, we will offer an aid package that enables you to attend — no matter who you are or what country you are from.
A Minerva degree is affordable — a fraction of the cost of other top-tier institutions — and the education is superior, with results to prove it. After only freshman year, Minerva students outranked all graduating U.S. seniors on the CLA+, an externally validated assessment of student learning.
In addition to our dedication to providing an extraordinary education to all qualified students — at an exceptionally low cost — we believe sharing in the financial obligation is a reflection of your understanding of the value of a Minerva education. That is why you and your family are expected to contribute to the cost of attending, to an extent that is both fair and sustainable.
Aid packages typically comprise a low-interest loan — not exceeding $20,000 across all four years — and work-study opportunities. This combination incentivizes ongoing family support and your focused participation, while reducing any lasting financial burden after you graduate. To cover any remaining need, the Minerva Institute will provide a need-based scholarship made possible by the generous contribution of philanthropic donors.
Applying for Financial Aid
To support our need-blind admissions policy, our independent financial aid application process is designed to evaluate all admitted candidates equally, so your financial aid application is reviewed separately from your admissions materials. This means that applying for financial aid will not affect your admissions decision in any way. Every applicant — whether from the U.S. or any other country — is eligible to apply for financial aid.
If you are admitted to Minerva and qualify for aid, you will be offered a financial aid package commensurate with your demonstrated need. To be considered for financial aid, complete the admissions process and then follow the steps listed under Financial Aid Requirements.
Please note, if you have already obtained an undergraduate degree or graduated from another university, prior to enrolling at Minerva, you will only be eligible for a low-interest student loan.