The Environment & Fuel team is responsible for driving sustainability initiatives within the organization and to provide best-possible insight into fuel consumption and emissions data. All efforts contribute to achieving the goals described in the TUI Group Sustainability Strategy.
As an Environment management intern you will work together with multiple airline departments in maintaining a robust and thorough Environment Management System based on the requirements of ISO14001:2015. This system ensures continuous improvement towards more sustainability within both TUI fly Benelux and TUI Aviation. This can include for example rolling out initiatives and building project plans which will help to deliver changes in procedures, working practices and behaviors. This is required to deliver upon the sustainability targets of both the TUI Group Sustainability Strategy and TUI Aviation’s strategic objectives.
During your internship you will be busy with all aspects of project management which will require you to think strategically and work systematically.
- You will engage in research for new policies, will write proposals and will be directly involved in the communication and the implementation of the outcomes.
- You will help to provide coordination and support for environment management within TUI fly Benelux. Other TUI Airlines might be involved as well.
- You will help to develop and to coordinate post-implementation assessment of environmental initiatives by working closely with the Environment management team and various airline departments.
- Lastly, you will help to deliver effective, timely and audience appropriate communications to front-line and head office teams on the topic of sustainability; ensuring that our colleagues understand and support the TUI Group Sustainable Development objectives and the local environment management system.
The internship start date, is to be discussed, January 2020. Term is fixed to 20 weeks.
Do you have questions about this internship? You can contact Britt Jorna, Campus Recruiter, via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 070 - 326 6677.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- You are a BSc/MSc student (an aviation related study is a benefit);
- You have affinity with sustainability, environment, and CSR;
- Fluency in Dutch and English in word and writing is mandatory;
- Can-do attitude, great social skills and likability;
- You are pro-active, analytically strong and independent.