Tamayouz International is the newest award launched by Tamayouz Excellence Award; The Iraqi Architecture Prize. This award is open to final year architecture students worldwide to submit their graduation projects.
Since its launch in 2012, Tamayouz Excellence Award has grown from a local award to an internationally recognized award judged by a renowned International Judging Panel, such as: Dame Zaha Hadid; the founder of Zaha Hadid Architects, Jane Duncan; President of the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA), Angela Brady; Past President of the Royal Institute of British Architects, Professor Paul Ivey; Pro Vice Chancellor at London South Bank University, Katherine McNeil; Director of Architecture For Humanity - London Chapter, Dr Khaled Al-Sultany a renowned Iraqi architect and academic from the Royal Academy of Fine Arts in Denmark and Ayad Al-Tuhafi the owner of London based Ayad Al-Tuhafi Architects.
Tamayouz International AwardTamayouz is delighted to invite students of Architecture, Urban Design, Urban Planning, Architecture Technology and Landscape Design worldwide to register and submit their Graduation Projects. An independent international jury will review all entries and will select the winners of Tamayouz International Award.
The purpose of this architectural design award is to recognise the excellence in architectural design and education worldwide and showcase excellent architectural examples to promote and provoke architectural debate to share architectural experience and knowledge among young architects and academics. This award is organised by the Iraqi Architecture Prize; Tamayouz Excellence Award.
Aims and Objectives of Tamayouz International Award
- Aims to recognise and reward excellence in architectural design and education.
- Showcase young talents and support academics’ efforts of advancing architectural education worldwide.
- Promote a culture of excellence at an early stage amongst young designers to advance the profession of architecture professionally and academically.
- Exchange architecture knowledge, ideas and thoughts by providing a platform for discussions, observation and healthy competition.
- 2020 Cycle Launch: January/2020
- Early Registration Period: January/2020 - 30/April/2020
- Standard Registration Period: 01/May - 30/June
- Last Chance to register Period: 01/July - 15/August
- Start of Submissions Period: 01/June/2020
- End of Submissions Period: 15/August/2020
- Long-list Announcement: September/2020
- Short-list Announcement: September/2020
- Judging Panel Meeting: October/2020
- Winner Announcement: October/2020
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Eligibility and Exceptions
All Architecture, Landscape, Urban Planning and Architecture Technology are eligible to participate in the Tamayouz International and submit their graduation projects for this award as long as they are expected to gradute during the specified time period in the brief.
Individual students and teams are eligible to compete, as long as the submitted entry is final year graduation projects, only the Team Leader is required to register, the team leader is required to provide the names of the rest of the team members.
This award is an Open International Student Award, all final year architecture and architecture design technology students studying anywhere in the world are eligible to participate**.
If the student is selected as a winner, we will check their information with their university to make sure their are eligible to participate and the information provided is correct.
**The organisers of the award do not require approval from the universities for their students to participate, all what is required is a proof that the student is expected to graduate in the specified academic year.
Assessment Criteria for 2020
We are looking for aspirational and transformative projects tackling local and global challenges informed by a holistic understanding of context.
- RELEVANCE: A declaration of conditions that set the contextual parameters of the proposal. Clarity of research process.
- RESPONSE: Aspirational, transformative and original projects with a programmatic response to existing environmental, social conditions and local challenges. Clarity of design process.
- RESOLUTION: A clearly declared architectural/urban intent and design vision. Spatial, material and technical realisation.
Deadline: August 15, 2020
Cost/funding for participants:
- 1st Prize: An MSc Scholarship for 2 Years at the Polytechnic University of Milan,
- 2nd Prize: A Travel Scholarship for 7 days, the Scholarship Covers Accommodation and Flights for the winner to attend the annual award ceremony.
- 3rd Prize: A Travel Scholarship for 7 days, the Scholarship Covers Accommodation and Flights for the winner to attend the annual award ceremony.
- Supervisor the Year Medal.
- University of the Year Medallion.
- All the selected winners making the TOP 3 list, the supervisor of the year and the university of the Year will be invited to attend our annual Tamayouz Excellence Award ceremony (Travel Expenses covered by the organisers of the Award).