Online United States of America
The Chelsea International Fine Art Competition is an ideal way to gain valuable exposure for your artwork and exhibit your talent to a wider international audience. With a distinguished panel of jurors and more than $70,000 in valuable prizes, the 2020 Chelsea International Fine Art Competition is an event not to be missed.
The competition is open to visual artists from around the world at any stage of their careers. Artists are invited to submit in any of the following mediums: painting, sculpture, photography, drawing, mixed media, and print. Art submitted to the competition will be reviewed by a panel of expert jurors, each representing a different field in the art world, ensuring a fair and balanced judgment process.
- Opens: 11 FEB 2020
- Deadline: 12 AUG 2020
- Results: 14 SEP 2020
- Exhibition: 21 JAN 2021
Painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, digital, printing, and mixed media are eligible. Please note that all submitted artwork must be available for sale.
- Two-dimensional artwork dimensions cannot be larger than 75 x 85 inches (192 x 218 centimeters)
- Three-dimensional artwork (i.e., sculptures) cannot be larger than 72 x 72 x 24 inches (184 x 184 x 61 centimeters)
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Eligibility - The competition is open for all artists of 18 years of age or older whose use of agora-gallery.com does not and will not violate any applicable law or regulation, or any agreement to which they are a party. Employees of the Chelsea International Fine Art Competition and sponsors are not eligible to enter.
Deadline: August 12, 2020
Program Starts: January 21, 2021
Program Ends: January 21, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
2020 Competition Awards – Valued at More Than $70,000
This year’s Chelsea International Fine Art Competition awards offer participating artists a wide range of opportunities and prizes specifically chosen to promote the selected artists and enhance their careers. The 35th competition is proving to be one of the biggest yet and an opportunity artists should not miss.
The 2020 competition exhibition is scheduled to take place at one of our New York spaces, located in the heart of the Chelsea art district from January 21-30, 2021. The sprawling and elegant street-level space attracts hundreds of visitors with its striking exterior.
Thirty artists will be selected to exhibit in the collective exhibition, which will take place at Agora Gallery:
- Artwork Display: Your work will be displayed at the gallery.
- Press Release: A unique press release will be written for each individual artist by one of the gallery's highly talented public relations writers.
- Public Relations: The gallery's PR department will invite a wide range of guests to the exhibition, including private art buyers, art consultants, corporations, nonprofit organizations, businesses, and members of the media.
- Display Ad: An advertisement for the collective exhibition will be placed in a publication of the competition's choosing.
- Opening Reception: An opening night reception will be organized for the artists, their invitees, and the New York art community at large. The event will be photographed and promoted on the gallery’s various social media channels.
- Invitations By Email: Invitations promoting the exhibition and your artwork will be emailed to our extensive mailing list.
- Gallery Listing: The exhibition will be announced in a NY art magazine (such as Gallery Guide, M Magazine, etc.), as well as on our website and on various other art-related sites.
- Catalog: An image of your artwork will be published in a color catalog specifically produced for the collective exhibition. The catalog will be distributed to the artists and art enthusiasts.
- Social Media: Your artwork will be promoted on various social media channels, including Agora Gallery’s Facebook page, which has over 100,000 fans.
- Agora-Gallery.com: Your artwork will appear in an exhibition page which will be part of the Agora Gallery website, and in addition, photos from the opening reception will appear on Agora-Gallery.com and on Facebook.
One (1) artist will be awarded with the participation in an Art Fair sponsored by FAI - Fine Art Initiatives.
Five (5) artists will be awarded a cash prize of $500 each.
ARTmine Exposure and Personal Artist Statement
Five (5) artists will be awarded one year of exposure on ARTmine.com, which includes an artist statement composed by ARTmine’s talented art writers. Frequented by art professionals, collectors, and consultants, this premiere resource for art lovers is an excellent tool to generate a greater degree of exposure for your art.
Ten (10) artists will be awarded with presentation of their artwork as part of the slideshow on our gallery monitor and their work will be presented on the Agora gallery website as part of the group exhibition.