The Earth Model Award (EMA) was established as the Neftex Earth Model Award in 2012, in affiliation with the Geological Society of London, to foster the link between industry and academia by rewarding excellence in Master’s level research.
The application window for the 2018 Earth Model Award is now open and will close on October 31st 2018. We accept applications from any eligible student who completes their Master's degree in 2018. The research should have a strong focus on global geoscience, with implications for natural resource exploration.
- An industry-recognized award for Master’s geoscience research projects
- Global recognition for both student and university
- An opportunity to present to an international audience of Exploration and Production companies
- We welcome submissions from recently completed Masters students with geoscience projects relating to natural resource exploration
- 1st prize ($2,500 USD), 2nd prize ($1,500 USD) and 3rd prize ($1,000 USD) will be awarded to students, with matching amounts for their university departments
- Winners will also receive an invitation to present their research at an industry event in 2019.
- To be considered for the award:
- Sign up to the iEnergy website here
- Find more details and submit your abstract here
- If you have any questions about the application process or experience issues with registering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The competition closes at 5.00pm GMT on 31st October 2018.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Deadline: October 31, 2018
Cost/funding for participants: