Students at registered institutions of higher learning in Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand are invited to design innovative solutions that transform food systems.
The Rising Star Agri-Food Innovation Challenge is exclusively brought to life by Indonesia Malaysia Thailand Growth Triangle University Network (IMT-GT UNINET) and Green Growth Asia Foundation (GGAF), and powered by the global Thought For Food (TFF) Foundation.
Develop real solutions
We are calling on the most committed and passionate university students (that’s you!) to join us on a journey to “uproot the status quo” and build sustainable and inclusive food systems that are healthy for society and the planet.
Students are encouraged to tap into their expertise and next-gen skillset, unleash their creativity, and apply their digital savviness and purpose-driven mindsets to address the urgent challenges facing the agri-food sector by developing solutions around:
- Digitized supply chains
- Automated urban farming systems
- Nutritious new foods
- Sustainable alternative proteins
- Regenerative smallholder production
- Circular approaches to reduce food waste
- Engage and empower the young agripreneurs and innovators to tackle development challenges through TFF and partners’ global network and continuous support during and after the innovation challenge.
- Integrate global expertise, processes, pathways and interventions to unlock the potential of innovation in food-agriculture and scaling up inclusive innovations and technologies.
- Create an enabling environment to find innovative solutions for transforming the food and agriculture sector.
- Build an enabling environment through public-private partnership and co-creation opportunities with diverse participants, practitioners and experts.
- Act as a catalyst for boosting partnerships as well as public and private investments to foster and scale up food-agri-tech innovation.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Who can participate? The Challenge call is open to all undergraduate and graduate students, across all disciplines, at registered institutions of higher learning, including Universities, University Colleges, Colleges, Vocational & Technical Colleges in Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand. From science and engineering, to computer science and design, from agriculture to architecture, and everything in between.
Deadline: May 28, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
Perks & Prizes
- A chance to win the Grand Prize of US$5,000 and the Runner-Up Prize of US$2,500 awarded per country.
- A chance to be named as the National Semi-Finalists in the Thought For Food Global Challenge.
By signing up, students will also gain access to…
- Unlimited access to the TFF Digital Labs collaboration platform
- Online training in entrepreneurship/ food systems/ innovation
- Interactive live events
- Global changemaker community
+ the winning teams will gain GGAF Market Access Entrepreneurship Programme.