ECMI conducts in-depth research aimed at informing the debate and policy-making process on a broad range of issues relevant to capital markets. Through its various activities, ECMI facilitates the interaction among market participants, policymakers and academics. ECMI is managed and staffed by the Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS) in Brussels.
ECMI welcomes applications for its Visiting Researcher Programme. The programme is intended for applicants who are looking to further develop their research skills in a leading European think tank, gain in-depth knowledge in a relevant field and expand their professional network.
- During their stay, visiting researchers are expected to conduct research individually and/or in cooperation with the ECMI staff.
- The research project will be agreed upon in advance, and the results are to be presented in ECMI seminars and published in the ECMI Working Paper series.
- The candidate is expected to have strong analytical skills, to communicate his/her ideas effectively and to perform well as a member of a small team.
- Visiting researchers will be provided with office space, available data resources and computing facilities.
- The duration of the stay is flexible, determined by the amount of time needed to complete the project, but it typically ranges from 3 to 6 months.
Research proposals in all areas related to capital markets will be considered, but priority will be given to projects on topics in line with ECMI’s research priorities. These include:
- Asset allocation
- SMEs financing
- Sustainable finance
- Trading and post-trading market infrastructure
- Investor protection
- Supervision and enforcement
- Financial integration and stability
How to apply
The candidate will submit:
- Motivation letter (specifying the preferred start date and duration of the research project)
- Research proposal, including:
- Research topic and main research question(s)
- Short literature review
- Brief description of the research methodology and expected results
- Detailed CV
- Two letters of recommendation
- Example of his/her recent research
Applications should be submitted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the selected candidates will be contacted for the interview stage.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- The candidate should be enrolled in a (post-)doctoral programme in Finance/Economics/Statistics or already affiliated to a research centre and prove a strong research interest in the area of capital markets.
- The candidate should demonstrate that that he/she hassufficient funds to cover the costs incurred throughout their stay, e.g. grants, scholarships, own resources.