Vulcanus in Japan started in 1997. The programme consists of industrial placements for EU students*. It starts in September and ends in August of the following year in order to accommodate the academic year in EU Member States.
The students follow:
- a one-week seminar on Japan,
- a four-month intensive Japanese language course,
- and then an eight-month traineeship in a Japanese company.
- To study the range of advanced technologies employed by a leading Japanese host company.
- To learn Japanese and to understand and appreciate Japanese culture with a view to an enriching one year experience abroad.
- To be well placed in your future career to interact with Japanese businesses and people.
How to apply
SESSION from Sept. 2022 - Aug. 2023
- --> Session: September 2022 - August 2023
- --> Online applications to be submitted between 10 January and 10 February 2022
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
You must be:
- citizen of an EU Member-State or a COSME partnering country.
- a student of engineering or science at an EU / COSME university, enrolled in at least the fourth year of studies, when applying to the Vulcanus programme*.
- able to provide a certificate of enrollment at the university valid until at least 3 months prior to the starting of the programme
(*) Computer science, science engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical, electronics, biotechnology, electrical engineering, physics, telecommunication, nuclear engineering, civil engineering, metal materials, ceramics, production system,…
Deadline: January 23, 2022
Program Starts: September 01, 2022
Program Ends: August 31, 2023
Cost/funding for participants:
This programme is financed by the EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation and the Japanese host company. The EU / COSME students are awarded a grant (Yen 1.900.000) to cover the cost of travel to and from Japan and living expenses in Japan. There is no charge for the language course and seminar, and accommodation is provided free of charge during the course and seminar and the company traineeship.