Our M&A advisory practice offers comprehensive financial advisory services and expert guidance. We serve buyers and sellers by providing in-depth financial and strategic analysis, identifying transaction partners, developing creative deal structures, and negotiating complex transaction terms.
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are offering talented students and recent graduates an exciting opportunity to work in the demanding field of Investment Banking (Mergers & Acquisitions) throughout the year. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right applicant to become an integral part of our team, gaining a better understanding of what working in an international investment bank entails and getting to know William Blair as a potential future employer.
Working alongside William Blair professionals, this role includes:
- Identifying potential M&A and financing situations.
- Preparing in-depth valuations and other financial analyses.
- Preparing client documentation for winning business.
- Assisting deal teams in live transactions.
We are looking to hire candidates that are available for a 12 week internship starting in May 2020.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Exceptional academic credentials, with a degree qualification (completed or on-going) from a top tier institution.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure with attention to detail.
- High level of motivation and ability to work in a team.
- Good proficiency with MS-Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel.
- Fluency in English.
- Additional European language skills preferable but not a pre-requisite.
- Practical experience in Mergers & Acquisitions or related investment banking experience beneficial but not a pre-requisite.
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants:
As a William Blair associate, you’ll enjoy Medical, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance, along with a generous profit sharing program that includes a 401K plan in addition to a firm contribution. We also offer three weeks of vacation, flexible spending accounts, a business casual dress code, a 75% discounted commissions on trades, and discounts at restaurants, museums, parks and retailers.