Afghanistan Bangladesh Bhutan Brunei Cambodia China East Timor Hong Kong India Indonesia Iran Japan Kazakhstan Korea, North Korea, South Kyrgyzstan Laos Macau Malaysia Maldives Mongolia Myanmar Nepal Online Pakistan Philippines Singapore Sri Lanka Taiwan Tajikistan Thailand Turkmenistan Uzbekistan Vietnam
The aim of the internship is to set up and manage the communication of a Fair Trade Towns campaign in Asia. The campaign aims to connect government, producers and consumers, for greater engagement in Fair Trade at a local government/town level. This campaign will initially rely solely on a highly motivated volunteer who can commit eight hours a week for a minimum of one year.
The role will have the support of both World Fair Trade Organisation Asia and the FT Towns movement
of Latin America. The regional approach will replicate the approach of Latin America (LA) and all materials etc in Spanish will be shared for replication in the Asia region.
WFTO Asia: Asia Fair Trade Towns Internship or Volunteer (VIP)
The VIP will be the contact person for Asia Fair Trade Towns, supporting the development of FT
Towns throughout Asia. This internship position will work closely with the WFTO Asia office in Chiang Mai, but it is primarily a remote position.
- To set up an independent website for Asian Fair Trade Towns (costs covered)
- Translate from Spanish all relevant documents from the LA website
- Invite all regional networks working in Fair Trade to be part of the initiative
- Understand the context of Fair Trade Towns in Asia
- Make contact and connect together existing initiatives in Asia
- Encourage and support active initiatives in Asia
Place of work and hours
Working remotely for a minimum period of at least one year. With a commitment of eight hours a week. Priority will be given to Asian applications and those individual able to commit to a year. With three months probationary period.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Able to Communicate key messages in simple clear accurate English
- Translate documents from Spanish to English
- Able use word press or have technical skills to learn this program
- Cultural understanding of Asian context
- Ideally lived in Asia for more than six months
- Independent website which does not promote one label mark or certidication over another up and running an updated at least twice a month
- Materials for sharing on the website
- Contacts established with all initiatives in Asia
- Support delivered as identified as per the needs of the region
- Evidence of experience of working in Fair Trade, or similar initiative
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants:
This internship will receive no financial support, but the costs of setting up the website will be covered.