YUVA. Youth United in Voluntary Action: Registered in February 2015, YUVA started as a group of enthusiastic individuals, and today it has mobilised thousands of young people with a simple aim of creating a better future for children and youth of Mauritius. At the heart of YUVA’s duty lies the conviction that the collective destinies of the human race are bound together.
The grant writer will be responsible for researching, writing and coordinating the grant application process; management of proposals and maintaining a donor database.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications, and supporting documents in response to a solicitation (The grant writer must gain a complete understanding of the program for which he or she is requesting funding. To do this, the Writer must perform comprehensive research into the project.)
- Manage the proposal submission process to ensure timely submission of all required materials.
- Analyse the feasibility of the project’s budget.
- Research each grant-making association’s guidelines. Strictly adhere to these guidelines.
- Write grant applications that display meticulous grammar and spelling.
- After submitting a grant proposal, Coordinate and follow-ups on the progress of submitted proposals.
- If requested, submit progress reports to any grant-making organization that has funded a program
- Conduct prospect research to identify, cultivate and solicit new grants
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree (any field);
- Strong knowledge of English Language, Journalism, Communications and Marketing; and
- Good background in Accounting – financial analysis.
To perform the job successfully, the candidate must be well versed in the followings:
- Analytical: A grant writer will need to use both analytical and creative skills. First, he or she will analyze the data. How much money can this project potentially receive? Which grant-making organizations would be most likely to fund this project?
- Creativity: The next step involves choosing the most creative solutions for presenting the grant proposal.
- Problem Solving: Creative problem solving is another talent that characterizes the best grant writers. This is especially important during weak economic times and, only the most convincing proposal will win the grant.
- Written communication: Writes clearly and informatively; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information (Systematic and thorough, with an eye for detail.)
- Oral and Interpersonal Skills: In cases, where grant writer will have face to face or telephone conversation with the grant-making organization. This requires charm, charisma and a dynamic personality.
- Cost Consciousness: The grant writer must be frugal, and have the ability to work within the proposed budget.
- Technical skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strive to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Strategic thinking: Understands the organization’s strengths and weakness, identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants:
- Job Category: Office-based
- Working schedule: Monday to Friday: 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- Salary: Rs 14,000 (All-inclusive)