The grant writer will be responsible for researching, writing and coordinating the grant application process; management of proposals and maintaining a donor database.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications, and supporting documents in response to a solicitation (The grant writer must gain a complete understanding of the program for which he or she is requesting funding. To do this, the Writer must perform comprehensive research into the project.)
- Manage the proposal submission process to ensure timely submission of all required materials.
- Analyse the feasibility of the project’s budget.
- Research each grant-making association’s guidelines. Strictly adhere to these guidelines.
- Write grant applications that display meticulous grammar and spelling.
- After submitting a grant proposal, Coordinate and follow-ups on the progress of submitted proposals.
- If requested, submit progress reports to any grant-making organization that has funded a program
- Conduct prospect research to identify, cultivate and solicit new grants
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree (any field);
- Strong knowledge of English Language, Journalism, Communications and Marketing; and
- Good background in Accounting – financial analysis.
To perform the job successfully, the candidate must be well versed in the followings:
- Analytical: A grant writer will need to use both analytical and creative skills. First, he or she will analyze the data. How much money can this project potentially receive? Which grant-making organizations would be most likely to fund this project?
- Creativity: The next step involves choosing the most creative solutions for presenting the grant proposal.
- Problem Solving: Creative problem solving is another talent that characterizes the best grant writers. This is especially important during weak economic times and, only the most convincing proposal will win the grant.
- Written communication: Writes clearly and informatively; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information (Systematic and thorough, with an eye for detail.)
- Oral and Interpersonal Skills: In cases, where grant writer will have face to face or telephone conversation with the grant-making organization. This requires charm, charisma and a dynamic personality.
- Cost Consciousness: The grant writer must be frugal, and have the ability to work within the proposed budget.
- Technical skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strive to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Strategic thinking: Understands the organization’s strengths and weakness, identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants:
- Job Category: Office-based
- Working schedule: Monday to Friday: 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- Salary: Rs 14,000 (All-inclusive)