Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
Airbnb Experiences are excursions or other activities designed and led by local hosts who give guests unique access into places and communities in their city. Guests can already book a wide variety of Experiences all over the world. Airbnb’s Social Impact Experiences are inspiring activities hosted by nonprofits that connect travelers (and locals) to their causes. Hosting an experience is a great way for organizations to promote awareness, create long-term advocates, and raise funds – Airbnb waives its fees, so 100% goes directly to the nonprofit.
We’re looking for amazing Ambassadors that can help us to find and list the coolest Social Impact Experiences in a city. You will be acting as an independent freelancer for Airbnb and earn a fixed referral fee for every Social Impact Experience listing you generate that is published on Airbnb.
You must live in your city full-time, and have the necessary work authorization. Airbnb will not be able to provide any work sponsorship for this role.
What do Social Impact Experience Ambassadors do?
- Use your creativity and initiative to expand the Social Impact Experience host community in your city
- Identify local initiatives, projects and nonprofits
- Identify potential nonprofit hosts in market, through online and offline sources
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Airbnb Experience Ambassadors should be:
- Entrepreneurial & Resourceful: To find the best nonprofits in the city to host unique and local experiences
- Knowledgeable: You know about Social Impact Experiences and can explain how awesome they are to others!
- Promoters: Skilled at talking to others and promoting great products like Social Impact Experiences
- Great communicators: Able to communicate quickly, effectively and accurately to various audiences
- Fast learners: Comfortable with a fast-paced environment and changing requirements. Startup experience a plus
- Independent: Ability to flourish with minimal guidance and be proactive
- Networkers: Well connected within your local nonprofit community
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Cost/funding for participants:
What do you get out of this?
- You’ll empower a generation of nonprofits to share their passions and causes with the world on the Social Impact Experiences platform
- You’ll learn about marketing, sales, business development and community building at a local level with the help of our Experiences team in the region
- You’ll act as an independent freelancer for Airbnb
- You’ll receive a fixed referral fee for each Airbnb Social Impact Experience listing published
- As an Airbnb Experience Ambassador, you are acting as an independent freelancer, and not on behalf of Airbnb
- You must live in your city full-time, and have the necessary work authorization. Airbnb will not be able to provide any work sponsorship for this role.