United States of America
The Investment Management Summer Analyst Program is a 10-week program consisting of one week of training with all Investment Management Summer Analysts and nine weeks working within a specific group. During the 10-week program, Summer Analysts experience the culture and atmosphere of Morgan Stanley by performing a role similar to a Full-Time Analyst.
Placement and Duration
Morgan Stanley Investment Management is a client-centric organization dedicated to providing investment and risk-management solutions to a wide range of investors and institutions. With $471 billion in assets under management as of September 2018, our clients include corporations, pension plans, intermediaries, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, endowments and foundations, governments and consultant partners worldwide. With over four decades of asset management experience, our investment strategies span the risk/return spectrum across geographies, investment styles and asset classes, including equity, fixed income, alternatives and private markets. Morgan Stanley Investment Management offers its clients personalized attention, the intelligence and creativity of some of the brightest professionals in the industry, and access to the global resources of Morgan Stanley.
With 645 investment professionals worldwide, and 37 offices in 21 countries, Morgan Stanley Investment Management is able to provide in-depth local knowledge and expertise while channeling the strength of our global presence and resources. To support the delivery of tailored, value-added investment solutions to clients our investment teams are organized by capability: Solutions & Multi-Asset, Real Assets, Active Fundamental Equity, Private Credit & Equity, Global Fixed Income, and Global Liquidity.
The training program consists of a curriculum designed to equip Summer Analysts with the fundamental skills needed in order to be successful in IM. The program is one week long and includes a Firm-wide orientation, business overviews, professional development, technical training and networking events. A speaker series is also a part of training, and runs throughout the 10 week program.
Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners (AIP) is a leading alternative asset manager with an extensive and strong track record, a global investment scope, and assets under management of $30+ billion. AIP is seeking a Summer Analyst for its private equity investment team located in suburban Philadelphia.
The Hedge Fund of Funds team is seeking an individual who will assist in sourcing and monitoring discretionary global macro, emerging markets, and sovereign fixed income relative value hedge fund managers. Other hedge fund strategies considered by the team include long/short equity, event-driven, and various arbitrage or relative value strategies.
The candidate will report directly to a senior member of the team responsible for discretionary global macro, emerging markets, and sovereign fixed income relative value strategies. This position is located in West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania. The successful candidate will play a key role in the investment process.
- Support hedge fund managers globally
- Collaborate with other functional areas in coordinating the various operational aspects of hedge fund investing.
- Review and analyze managers’ monthly performance, commentaries, and risk reports
- Help maintain comprehensive manager universes to facilitate peer group analysis and strategy research
- Participate in strategy and manager reviews and in preparation of associated presentations for the Investment Committee.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Qualifications / Skills / Requirement
- Current Junior (class of 2021) in a 4 year bachelor’s degree program with superior academic performance
- Exceptional academic performance and strong analytical skills
- Genuine enthusiasm for financial markets, macroeconomics, and alternatives investing
- Coursework in fixed income mathematics, derivatives valuation, and security analysis desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Outstanding work ethic, self-motivated with good interpersonal skills