Postgraduate degree programs:
- Chinese and western intergrated medicine
- Clinical medicine
- Basic medicine
Duration of Scholarships
Master's programs: 3 years
Preparatory course: 1 year if without HSK 4 certificate
- For those who have not met the entry requirements of Chinese proficiency level and wish to take remedial Chinese courses before the major study in Chinese, they should also present the HSK certificate when applying. Only by passing the required HSK test within the first year and meeting the entry requirements of the relevant degree programs could they then start the major study.
- Scholarship recipients shall participate in the annual review in accordance with the relevant management regulations of the scholarships. Those who pass the review can continue to apply for or enjoy the scholarships in the next academic year. Those who fail the review will be suspended or disqualified from the scholarships. The specific regulations and methods of the annual review shall be subject to the latest notice issued in the current year.
- The scholarship covers both major study and Chinese language course.
- Scholarship students should complete their study within the set length of schooling; duration for scholarship specified in the Admission Notice cannot be extended in principle.
- Students are not permitted, in general, to apply to change their specialties, host universities or the duration of study as specified in the Admission Letter once they agree to accept the scholarship.
Scholarships Quota: pending approval from China's Ministry of Education.
The International Education College of Dalian Medical University was founded in May 2005. It is an administrative and teaching institute responsible for the enrollment of self-supported degree programs, scholarship programs and short-term programs, the teaching affairs of self-supported undergraduate programs conducting in English medium, self-supported and scholarship graduate programs conducting in English medium, service and administration of all-level international students, as well the teaching and research of Chinese language.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Applicants must be Non-Chinese citizens in good health.
- Hold a bachelor's degree or above and be under the age of 35 (as of September 1, 2021)
- If applicants are immigrants from China, he or she should hold foreign passport for no less than 4 years, and have 2 year’s record of living abroad.
- Professional medical master applicants need to have a Chinese proficiency certificate of HSK band 4 with a score of 180 or above, and hold a MBBS or BDS degree.
- Academic master applicants need to have an English proficiency certificate of TOFEL(above 80), or IELTS( above 5.5). For those who cannot offer the above mentioned standard English test results, can provide proof of studying at a previous institution where the teaching language is English, and additional oral or written English test organized by Dalian Medical University will be required to participate in.
- Native English-speaking applicants could be exempted from providing the above English proficiency certificate.
- Applicants who do not obtain other scholarship for new students.
Deadline: April 15, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
- Tuition fee;
- On-campus accommodation fee or off-campus accommodation monetary subsidy (RMB 700/month);
- Living allowance (RMB 3,000/month);
- Comprehensive medical insurance.
- Other expenses for study in China, such as international travel expenses, cost of physical examination, visa extension and utility costs for on-campus accommodation, and cost of course materials, should be borne by the scholarship recipients themselves.
- Within the scholarship duration, registered scholarship students will receive a stipend from their host university each month. Students registering on or before the 15th of the month will receive a full stipend of that month. Those who register after the 15th of the month will receive a half stipend of that month. Graduating students will receive stipend until half month after the graduation date. If registered student stays out of China for more than 15 days due to a personal reason (school holidays excluded), the stipend will be stopped during his/her leaving.