When one age ends, another begins. This has been the ironclad rule throughout the ages, as we move together from our past, to the present, and onwards to the future. As media and communications embrace the digital landscape, a new age is upon us. Here at Vega, we acknowledge the importance of budding pioneers in the digital landscape. While it continues to expand with digital creations, new waves of intrepid hopefuls enter the scene with their visions of the future, while navigating their way through academia. Your works mark the way for a future yet not seen, lighting a way that remains untravelled. We harken to your call, you who herald a digital dawn.
Honoring Student Excellence in Websites // Video // Mobile // Social // Animation // Marketing // Podcasts
With 2021 making its way to be a milestone in history as we recover from the pandemic, it is clear that the digital medium has kept the world’s affairs going. The cyber future we have familiarized ourselves with in mainstream content is gradually becoming a reality.
As the digital medium grows in its breadth and span, so too does the interconnectivity between every nation. As the world moves towards a shared global culture, we wish to honor digital content creators, who constantly expand digital horizons.
Named after one of the brightest stars, the Vega Student Awards was created to recognize and honor exemplary talents and the minds behind remarkable digital content. Branching off from that, the Vega Student Awards adopts that role for students - an arena solely catered to budding talents who yearn for more.
This is the digital age, and you are its herald. Here at Vega, you are the brightest star.
The Vega Student Awards competition is conducted in 800+ categories, encompassed within: Outstanding Achievements, Audio & Radio, Content Marketing, Digital Illustration, Digital Marketing, Games, Mobile Apps & Sites, Podcasts, Social Media, Video/Online Video, Virtual/Remote Experience, VR & 360 Video, Website, and Wild Card.
Entrants may submit their project in one or multiple categories. All multiple category entries are evaluated accordingly, being eligible for honors. There is a fee for each category entered. If you are unsure of which category to enter, please email email@example.com and an awards representative will assist you.
To ensure high standards of high quality, a category may have multiple winners or no winners. Each image is critiqued rated by consensus, with the panel of judges determining a rating on a scale of 100 points.
Entries with a score between 85 and 100 points are Canopus Winners; entries with a score between 70 and 84 points are Centauri Winners; and entries with a score between 60 and 69 points are Arcturus Winners.
Projects receiving an average score under 60 do not receive an award.
The jury panel consists of leading institutional professionals from all facets of the creative industry. Their talents and contributions to the refined educational system are what makes them genuinely inspirational, allowing them to become co-founding members of modern society.
Judging is blind. All entrant information are removed from entries to prevent bias/conflict of interest. Judges score on a scale of 1-100, based on the following criteria.
- Audio: Content, quality of craft, overall experience
- Video/Online Video: Concept/writing, quality of craft, integration, impact, and overall experience
- Website: Visual design, content, structure and navigation/functionality, interactivity, and overall experience
- Mobile Apps/Sites: Content, structure and navigation/functionality, visual design, interactivity, and overall experience
- Digital Marketing: Creativity, impact, innovation, integration, and overall experience
- Social Media: Content, reach, creativity, engagement, and overall experience
- Content Marketing: Creativity, impact, execution, innovation, and overall experience
- VR & 360 Video: Concept/writing, quality of craft, integration, immersion, and overall experience
- Games: Visual design, functionality, Innovation, quality of craft, and overall experience
- Podcasts: Audio production and sound quality, content and preparation, engagement and x-factor, quality of craft, overall experience
- Virtual/Remote Experience: Content, structure and navigation, functionality, interactivity, execution, overall experience
- Digital Illustration: Creativity and concept, uniqueness and originality, aesthetics and skills, professional quality, complexity/level of digital technology used
- Wild Card: Creativity, execution, innovation, integration, overall experience
Each work is evaluated based on its own merit, and not in competition against other submissions. The jury panel evaluates projects based on its ingenuity, form, and function.
WHY VEGA STUDENT AWARDS
The Vega Student Awards serves as a platform for budding talents to showcase their works, and be seen for the potential that they carry while being rewarded for the merits of their works. To be recognized by a Vega jury panel is to be acknowledged by veterans and known quantities in the industry, giving students the edge that they need when they graduate.
- INCREASE INTERNATIONAL CREDIBILITY - Reach international audiences, clients, or press members with a VEGA Student Awards win. Winning the VEGA Student Awards provide a credible third-party endorsement for you and your institution.
- BENCHMARKING WITH OTHERS IN YOUR INDUSTRY - VEGA Student Awards sets you apart from competitors and peers, differentiating the quality of your achievements from others.
- INEXPENSIVE PR, MARKETING, AND ENTRY FEES - VEGA Student Awards keeps its entry fees low to encourage more participation from students and institutions alike. There are no acceptance fees for winners. Thus, winning the VEGA Student Awards opens doors to new business collaborations and contacts
- SELF AND TEAM MOTIVATION - Celebrate the victory and take full credit; or celebrate with your teammates and improve the team’s motivation and morale. Everyone deserves it.
- INCREASE CAREER OPPORTUNITIES - Winning the VEGA Student Awards can help you attract the best offers from world-renowned organizations. Everyone wants to team up with a winner.
- 3 YEARS RECOGNITION - Winner pages will be displayed on VEGA Student Awards’ websites for a duration of up to 3 years.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- The Vega Student Awards is open to all students of any age, no matter the level of studies or country. Entries must fall within a two-year window from their creation – 2019 to present.
- For students below 18 years of age, all submissions can be completed and paid via Colleges/Universities/Institutions.
- Institutions may sign up on behalf of the students and assist the students with their awards submissions.
Deadline: September 29, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
DEADLINES & FEES
Below is a table detailing the fee structure and various deadlines over the course of the registration period.
* You may submit an entry into multiple categories at the same time. The first Category will be charged as per the original submission fee. Additional categories (2 or more) will be charged as such.
Rather than increase the fee for each entry, fees are only charged in order to cover administrative costs like printing, mailing and data organization. For this reason, each participant is charged a flat $ 30 administration fee. When all participants pay the same low fee, those submitting more than one entry will actually pay less than if fees were on a sliding scale.
Work submitted must have been created within the last 2 years.