United States of America Worldwide
Here at Adobe Research we create innovative technologies for our software products to better serve consumers, creative professionals, developers, and enterprises. The Adobe Research Fellowship recognizes outstanding graduate students anywhere in the world carrying out exceptional research in areas of computer science important to Adobe.
We bring together the smartest, most driven people we can find, and we allow them the freedom to nurture their intellectual curiosity, while providing them with the necessary resources, support and freedom to shape their ideas into tangible results.
Collaboration with the academic community plays a fundamental role in this process. Our research model blends our goal for business impact and our desire to collaborate with researchers outside of Adobe. Our lab maintains collaborations with well over fifty university partners, both students and faculty. Each researcher hosts several interns a year, giving them the opportunity to build the next generation of tools to support creatives. Our work is published in peer-reviewed conferences and journals, ensuring that the impact of our research goes well beyond Adobe and into the research community at large.
As a next natural step in supporting this ongoing relationship we are pleased to invite applications to the Adobe Research Fellowship.
We will be awarding fellowships to graduate students working in the areas of:
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- Content Intelligence
- Document Intelligence
- Human Computer Interaction
- Natural Language Processing
- AR, VR & 360 Photography
- Computer Vision, Imaging & Video
- Data Intelligence
- Graphics (2D & 3D)
- Intelligent Agents & Assistants
- Systems & Languages
Applications plan to reopen in Summer 2021.
Applications must include:
- A research overview comprising two pages of text and figures not including citations. At least half a page should highlight how the student’s research could contribute to Adobe.
- Three letters of recommendation from those familiar with the students work. One letter should come from the student’s advisor.
- A CV.
- A transcript of current and previous academic records both undergraduate and graduate.
Adobe For All
If named a Fellowship winner, there is opportunity to interview for an internship with Adobe Research. Adobe is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
In order to be considered for the 2022 Adobe Research Fellowship, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be registered as a full-time graduate student at a university.
- Remain an active, full-time student in a PhD program for the full duration of 2023 or forfeit the award.
- Cannot have a relative working for Adobe Research.
Deadline: December 04, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
The Adobe Research Fellowship consists of:
- A $10,000 award paid once.
- A Creative Cloud subscription membership for one year.
- May qualify for an opportunity to interview for an internship at Adobe
A committee of Adobe researchers will be reviewing all applicants and will choose the recipients at their discretion. Recipients are selected based on their research (creative, impactful, important, and realistic in scope), how their work would contribute to Adobe, their technical skills (ability to build complex computer programs), and their personal skills (problem-solving ability, communication, leadership, organizational skills, ability to work in teams). Students may be invited for phone interviews for internship opportunities prior to Fellowship winner selection.