Online United States of America
CUGH’s annual conference is a must attend event on the global health calendar. Over 1950 scientists, students and implementers from academia, NGOs, government and the private sector will present, learn and collaborate to address some of the pressing challenges our world faces. A wide range of medical and non-medical disciplines are represented throughout the virtual and in-person pre-conference satellites (register online & most are free to attend) and the April 1-3 conference. Attendees will be inspired and challenged to learn new skills, gain new contacts and find ways we can improve the health of people and the planet.
Working with our host institutions we will provide an excellent venue to learn, share research, collaborate, and develop partnerships to address the global health challenges we are facing.
- Addressing the Social Determinants of Health
- Covid-19, Emerging Infectious Diseases, & Other Communicable Diseases
- Planetary Health, One Health, Environmental Health, Climate Change and Pollution
- Strengthening Health Systems, Public Health, Primary and Surgical Care
- Translation and Implementation Science, High Impact Development Initiatives, Bridging Research to Policy, Reforming Academia
- Politics, Law, Corruption, Human Rights, Governance, Diplomacy, Strengthening Public Institutions
- Non-Communicable Diseases
Conference Structure (Hybrid)
Main Conference April 1-3, 2022
- All in-person registrants will have access to all the features accessible to the online registrants and will be able to communicate via app/website: message speakers, ask questions, and message all attendees who opt-in
- Content can be viewed live during the conference at the hotel venue and synchronously online
- Can view 700 posters in person (350 per day) and others online
- Participation in the annual reception in person
- Participate in a virtual reception through zoom with the online attendees
- Smaller meetings at the venue are available
- Networking opportunities
- Access to the printed program and the PDF version for virtual registrants
- Coffee and light refreshments are included in the registration fee
- All panel presenters must attend the conference in person
- All registrants can view and participate in live-streamed: plenaries, concurrent sessions, keynotes and other activities
- All sessions will be recorded and posted online for one year and will be available to all conference registrants (virtual and in person)
- Registrants can message other registrants (virtual and in person)
- Sponsors will be visible online
- All posters will be online and up to 700 of them will be shown at the conference venue
- Registrants can visit the online exhibitor hall
- All registrants will receive a PDF version of the printed program
- An online, virtual reception and/or activities will occur for registrants to meet each other
Virtual Satellite Sessions, March 21-25, 2022
- Three or six hour sessions (the latter can be split across 2 days).
- Most are free and open to all
- You must register separately, online to attend them
- Attendees from all over the world
- Can accommodate hundreds of attendees
- Executed through zoom and the conference platform
- Satellite sessions will be recorded and openly accessible to all online on the virtual platform for a year
In-person Satellite Sessions, March 31, 2022
- Open access, do not need to be registered for the conference but you must register for them online separately
- Most are free and are open to all
- They are half or full-day sessions.
- Take place in Los Angeles on March 31
- No hybrid option
- Not recorded
Breakout Panel Proposals
Submit a Session Proposal - Submission Deadline: August 31, 2021
CUGH Institutional Members can submit a breakout session for the conference.
To check your institution's CUGH Membership status, go to: http://cugh.org/members
Symposia panels comprise of (usually up to) 3 or 4 speakers and a moderator. These sessions can take on a number of formats including, but not limited to:
- Powerpoint Presentations plus Audience Q&A
- Experts' Discussion plus Audience Q&A
Panel presenters must attend the conference in person in Los Angeles, California. All sessions will be in-person and live-streamed.
ALL ACCEPTED ABSTRACT PRESENTERS, POSTER, ORAL AND VIRTUAL, ARE ENCOURAGED TO SUBMIT A VIRTUAL POSTER. THESE WILL BE AVAILABLE ONLINE TO CONFERENCE REGISTRANTS FOR ONE YEAR POST-CONFERENCE. JUDGING FOR ALL RELEVANT POSTER AWARDS WILL BE BASED ON THE VIRTUAL POSTER.
To help ensure that this conference has an impact CUGH hopes this event will attract some of the best and brightest ideas on how to address some of the pressing global health challenges we face.
We seek abstracts outlining programs, initiatives, case studies, research and solutions that are scalable, impactful, context relevant and affordable. Please bring your best ideas to CUGH 2022.
- Abstract Submission Deadline: September 23, 2021, 11:59pm Eastern Time
- Abstract Status Announcements: November 15, 2021
- Accepted Abstracts' Presenter Deadline to RSVP and Register/Pay: January 10, 2022
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Deadline: March 15, 2022
Program Starts: April 01, 2022
Program Ends: April 03, 2022
Cost/funding for participants:
- GROUP REGISTRATION SPECIAL Register 10 attendees in a single transaction at any level(s) and receive one free registration (value up to $800). Offer available through January 30, 2022. Contact: Doris Steinbach (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- SUPPORT LOW-and LOWER-MIDDLE INCOME COUNTRY ATTENDEE PARTICIPATION ($50) Please consider adding $50 to your registration to support our bursary for LLMIC scientists to present. You can do so by checking the box on the registration form when you apply. 100% of your contribution supports LLMIC scientists to attend CUGH 2022.
- CME ($30) Selection and payment must be made during registration to collect CME units after the conference closes.
- NETWORKING RECEPTION ($0) Meet and mingle with more than 1,800 fellow attendees evening of Friday, April 1, 2022. Light snacks served. Your first drink is on the house. Check the box on the Registration Form to attend.
- MIC and LIC fees only apply to delegates/students that are citizens and CURRENTLY reside/live in a MIC or LIC. If you are temporary based in the US the fee does not apply. You must enter your permanent LMIC mailing address.