France Ireland Italy Sweden
The Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree FIPDes is a 2-years Programme in Food Innovation & Product Design. It is the 1st course created to tackle the global challenges of food innovation along with product design and packaging.
- 65 high quality teachers and researchers
- 25 international guest speakers
- 10 research centers
- 7 incubators and technologic halls
- 3 experimental kitchens
- 10 different scientific fields
- 40% practical, experimental and project work
A consortium of 5 top-ranking European Universities:
- Université Paris Saclay and AgroParisTech - France
- Dublin Institute of Technology - Ireland
- University of Naples Federico II - Italy
- Lund University - Sweden
These universities, amongst the oldest and most prestigious institutes in Europe, offer this truly integrated and unique programme, adopting a holistic and cross-disciplinary approach: from initial conception through prototypes to consumption, from raw materials to packaged goods.
The following scheme illustrates the international mobility cycle. During the semester 1 the students attend altogether courses in Paris, France. In the semester 2 they move to Dublin, Ireland. Afterwards students attend a summer school and an optional summer internship. For the semester 3 students specialize in one of the three options: France, Sweden or Italy. During the semester 4 students carry out the Master Thesis according to their specialization. The FIPDes Master concludes with a graduation ceremony integrated in the FIPDes Week, which is the introduction week for the new cohort.
FIPDes students study, live and get professional experience in four different EU countries. They benefit from the most competitive and innovative learning environments, based on participative learning, team work, R&D projects and hands-on trainings in collaboration with pioneering research, culinary & industrial laboratories.
FIPDes is training a new generation of food professionals capable of working across borders, with an inclusive vision of innovation to create sound, sustainable and healthy food solutions for the future generations on this planet.
After only 5 years, FIPDes is fast becoming the worldwide reference in its field with a visibility spread over more than 100 countries, students & alumni of more than 50 different nationalities and a global network of socio-economic and research partners from the 5 continents.
Succesfull FIPDes students will obtain a double or triple degree (according to their study track), i.e. National Master Degree certificates with a Joint Diploma Supplement from the four Universities and a FIPDes diplomawhich encapsulate the jointness of the programme by including the logo of each FIPDes institution as well as the signature of their representative.
FIPDes degrees awarded to the students at the end of the programme:
- Master Sciences et technologie du Vivant et de l’environnement, mention Aliments, Bioproduits, Nutrition et Santé, spécialité Ingénierie des Produits et Procédés of AgroParisTech, France
- Master of Science in Culinary Innovation and Food Product Development of DIT, Ireland
- Joint Diploma in Food Innovation & Product Design
- Joint Diploma Supplement
Students chosen special mobility track:
- Laurea in Scienze e Tecnologie alimentari of UNINA, Italy
- Master of Science of Lund University, Sweden
Graduates will be able to find positions in and outside Europe, either in their country or in a national branch of an international food brand.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
FIPDes students are selected among candidates with a BSc in Food science and technology, biotechnology, process engineering, biochemistry or related fields with a number of prerequisites (chemistry, biotechnology, process technology/engineering, biochemistry, mathematics, statistics).
The selection is very competitive and we only take the very best students. This scientific background is an important criteria. We welcome candidates with various scientific backgrounds, to make the selected cohort as diverse and enriching for one another as possible.
The following documents must be uploaded on the online application tool:
- Completed application form (using the provided online tool)
- Scan of Passport (with photo, date of expiry and personal details / ID can be accepted for European students only)
- Curriculum Vitae (if possible in European Format, see the Europass Website)
- Letter of Motivation
- Copy of BSc-degree or equivalent (Scan of the official degree or temporary certificates required)
- Translation of Diploma (if applicable, official translation in English or one of the languages of the Partner Universities: French, Italian, Swedish)
- Transcripts of academic records for each year of the BSc degree or equivalent (official signed and stamped transcripts with explanation of the grading system, and, if applicable, official translation in English or one of the languages of the Partner Universities: French, Italian, Swedish)
- Recommendation letter: Two reference letters (signed and stamped, if possible use the FIPDes form)
- Proof of English Proficiency: Proof of English level ("B2 level" according to CEFR, advanced) demonstrated in one of the following ways:
- TOEFL at minimum level 575
- Internet-based TOEFL at minimum level 90
- IELTS at minimum level 6.5
- Cambridge Certificates: Cambridge English First (FCE) , Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) and Cambridge English Proficiency (CPE)
- Students with English as their mother tongue (the copy of passport is needed to prove this)
- Students who have completed (or who are currently completing) a higher education degree with English as a medium of instruction (a certificate from the university is required to prove this)
- Stay of more than a year in an English-speaking country (a certificate from employer or other as applicable, or a copy of the passport page showing visa to enter and leave the English-speaking country, is needed to prove this)
- Exemptions can exceptionally be made for outstanding students with a lower English proficiency level
- Proof of your Place of Residence: a residence certificate in accordance with your municipality registration rules or a certificate from your place of work, study or training issued by the employer or institution in question, in English (or officially translated into English) and not older than 12 months.
Deadline: January 20, 2022
Cost/funding for participants:
Application to an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
Application to the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship is made through the online application tool during the regular application to the FIPDes Programme.
Non-EU and EU students can apply for up to three Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees each year. However, a student can benefit only once from an Erasmus Mundus scholarship. In the case that the applicant is selected for more than one EMJMD, he/she must decide which one he/she wants to follow. Please note that the personal data you provide when applying will be sent to the EACEA (EU agency in charge of Erasmus Mundus) and may be used by other bodies involved in the management of Erasmus Mundus (i.e. European Commission, Erasmus Mundus National Structures, EU Delegations, Erasmus Mundus Student and Alumni Association).
The EMJMD scholarships are including student participation costs (including the tuition fees, full insurance coverage and any other mandatory costs related to student participation in the course), a contribution to student travel and installation cost and a subsistence allowance for the entire duration of the EMJMD study programme.