The Association for Open Data of Public Transportation has promoted the openness of data related to public transportation with an aim to make public transportation in "Tokyo," which is said to be the world's most complicated, easier for all people, including foreign visitors, challenged people, and elderly people to navigate.
Many events that draw international attention are planned in Tokyo in 2020 such as Tokyo Marathon, the opening of Tokyo International Cruise Terminal and Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games. The 4th Open Data Challenge for Public Transportation in Tokyo call for apps that brings about smooth movement and comfortable stay to many visitors of Tokyo in 2020.
The association calls for apps that make Tokyo more comfortable city taking advantage of the year 2020.
The contest calls for new applications and services using open data of public transportation and open data from other sources.
Applications include, but not limited to, smartphone apps, web services, and IoT gadgets. Data available at https://ckan-tokyochallenge.odpt.org/ must be used by the submission. It is a requirement. But the contest also encourages and welcomes submissions that use additional open data from collaborating open data sources and other sources.
The 4th Open Data Challenge for Public Transportation in Tokyo will give high marks to apps that bring about smooth movement and comfortable stay to many visitors of Tokyo in 2020.
Contestants can use the provided open data commercially during the fourth challenge with an aim to take full advantage of public transportation open data. There are some requirements for the commercial use of the open data. Please see the following “Usage for Profit” for details.
- Contest period: November 18, 2019 - January 31, 2022.
- Entry period: November 18, 2019 - October 15, 2021.
- Announcement of winners/Awards ceremony: TBD
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Any party including individuals, groups and corporations.
- There is no restriction on nationality, age, resident area, etc. Minor applicants shall obtain the permission of guardian.
- Multiple entries per person (or group or company) are permitted. It is possible for a party to belong to two or more application groups.
- Those who are involved or related to the judging process can enter this contest, but they are not able to receive prizes.
- For more details, refer to the Entry Rules.
Deadline: October 15, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
Total amount of prizes will be two million Japanese YEN.
Special awards from sponsors will also be announced.