United States of America
Build your startup and learn from the best. All in one place. Take your startup to the next level with our 4-month seed program in San Francisco.
What do startups get out of the program?
Here are a few reasons why founders choose 500:
- Community: Starting a company is solitary and challenging. Working with other people going through the same challenges makes a huge difference. Founders who’ve gone through our program tell us that the 500 community is extremely valuable.
- Advice: You’ll get access to a network of 1000+ founders, 200+ mentors, and our staff, who will give you guidance when you need it the most. We’ve built startups before. We’ll make sure you don’t make the same mistakes we did.
- Curriculum: 500 brings in a wide variety of experts focused on marketing, culture, startup accounting, product design, mobile, user testing, sales, and more. It’s like a Startup MBA on steroids.
- Hands-on Support: Startups live (some too literally) in our office for four months. We’ll work together on your business and product strategy, growth and metrics, and investor pitches.
- Connections: Thanks to our massive network, startups build relationships and partnerships that wouldn’t be possible at their size without 500. Need an intro to a customer? Early access to a new platform feature? API access blocked? Stuck at the border? We have connections.
- Money: Being a 500 Startups company will validate your business, and our network will help you connect with investors when the time is right. Our Demo Day is also a great opportunity to meet and pitch people who might give you $$$.
You’ll have a place to work.
We believe startups learn more when they work side by side. Many founders say that working with peers is the best part of 500.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
500 invests in a diverse range of companies in the tech industry, from marketplaces to SaaS, from media to AI.
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants:
We invest in all companies that take part in the Seed Program. The investment is structured as a convertible security. Companies receive an investment of $150,000 for around 6% of their company (subject to dilution at the time of conversion of our convertible security).
The convertible security has certain special rights for 500 Startups, including the right to make a follow-on investment of an additional $500,000 or 20% of your next priced round of $1,000,000 or more, whichever is lower, which expires after the conversion of our convertible security.