Ava is a global technology company with offices in the UK, Norway, and the USA. We exist because we believe that we can create a better, smarter way to deliver security. We inject intelligence into our approach to security and all our solutions. We help organizations see, understand, and act on their surroundings to protect their people, business, and reputation in real-time. We founded Ava Cyber in 2016 and Ava Video in 2018 and the two companies merged in 2020 to become a unified security provider with extensive capital investment from Ubon Partners. You will love this role if you enjoy solving complex problems! You will become the bridge between our partners and the development team and you will quickly become critical to the business.
Working alongside the hardware & software development engineers and closely with our global sales partners Ava’s Product Support Engineering team is the external-facing side of the R&D organization. Ava is justifiably proud to hire support engineers who are recognized as the best in the industry.
First-line support is provided by Ava’s reseller network. Issues they cannot resolve are escalated to the R&D Product Support team. Your role involves investigating, solving, and managing these often difficult and challenging issues.
In order to be successful, you will have to work closely with R&D, product test group, sales, the documentation team, and resellers in replicating and diagnosing issues. You will need to meet tight deadlines, sometimes under pressure, while effectively managing priorities and communicating progress.
One of the great attractions of the role is the detailed knowledge you will gain on the full functionality of the Ava advanced video security products as well as many leading 3rd party products. Coupled with this, support staff are likely to have the opportunity to travel overseas from time to time, and though this is not a compulsory part of the job it is a great chance to be directly involved with the leading companies who run the biggest and technically most advanced video surveillance products and networks in the world.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Experience or expertise in any of the following areas would be an advantage:
- Become an expert on all of our products, on related industry products, and how they are used together.
- Take ownership of escalated support issues and ensure each one is managed through to the point that it is resolved to the customer’s satisfaction and within established SLA’s.
- Minimize development and test times by gathering accurate descriptions of environments and symptoms seen by customers and providing expert insights.
- Reproduce customer issues in our support lab and troubleshoot complex functional and integration issues by analyzing logs by using deep inspection tools (e.g. network packet traces).
- Engage with the development and test teams to demonstrate how to reproduce problems
- Test code changes and “workarounds” to verify fixes.
- Provide accurate information on the status of support cases and communicate progress back to customers.
- Provide expert advice on our products to the sales and support teams.
- Contribute to an ongoing program of process improvement
- Assist the technical documentation group with content for the product and support documentation
- Occasionally you may need to undertake site visits to customer locations
We are looking for outstanding recent graduates who possess excellent technical problem solving and communication skills. We are looking for individuals who are able to learn very quickly "on the job" and enjoy the challenge of rapidly assimilating new technology and products. The client-facing nature of these roles means all candidates must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to perform well when under pressure.
British educated candidates must have achieved at least A, B, B at A level (ideally straight A grades) plus a 2 or 1 st class honors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science and Maths. If educated outside the UK you need to have achieved the same standard.
- A passion for solving complex problems and reverse engineering things.
- Some level of programming skills, e.g. Python
- A genuine interest in learning about new technology
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Working knowledge of Linux and associated tools
- Experience with working with PC hardware
- A good technical degree.
- Some knowledge of networking products and technologies (such as; TCP/IP, Ethernet, VoIP, Switches, Video surveillance cameras would be an advantage
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants:
Every new graduate hire is assigned a mentor who will be a senior member of the development team and your mentor is responsible for overseeing your development through the first few years of your career ensuring that you are given the necessary support and guidance as you develop your career as a software developer.
- Incredible technical challenge
- Immediate input into product development.
- Competitive salary
- Visa Sponsorship available
- Ava Security graduate development program