We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We are honest, direct and try to have some fun too. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
Junior Solutions Engineer
During your day-to-day activities you will be operating as a Junior Solutions Engineer providing our merchants all the help and instruments they need in order for them to successfully take payments anywhere throughout the world. On top of that, you will provide more advanced tooling possibilities that you’ll implement yourself in a similar manner as is done for our payments platform, following the Adyen way of developing.
You will be part of the Technical Support team and directly working with both the Technical Engineers and business teams (e.g. Payments, Finance & Project Managers) of our international and fast growing merchant base. Your contributions will have a direct impact on their ability to take payments and further grow their business.
What you’ll do
You will make a difference by initiating and developing tools for our Technical Support Engineers and helping to improve the Adyen platform, think of:
- Creating a tool to perform bulk operations
- Creating a larger scale application that can be used for demo purposes
- Applying algorithms to assist Technical Engineers in our global expansion while remaining a small and agile team
- Advising merchants regarding the best implementation practices and also address specific merchants’ issues
- Be a key source of knowledge on the Adyen platform and APIs, the underlying web-stack technologies and industry-standard integration methods and best practices
You collaborate amongst teams and timezones to make things happen. You have the opportunity to grow towards Adyen’s next (Java) Developer that can operate within our vast and ever growing payments platform.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile and in-store channels. It is the only provider of a modern end-to-end infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves nine of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Evernote, Cathay Pacific and Spotify.
We offer a competitive salary, knowledge sharing internal events, exchange program to other offices and great career opportunities. Become part of an international work environment and take your career to the next level!
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next challenge, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Who you are
- You are innovative, have strong problem-solving capabilities and able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly, while dealing with many varied technical support requests and challenges
- You are self-driven, flexible and have the ability to maintain high levels of productivity with minimal supervision.
- You’ve had previous exposure to environments rich in uncertainty and you show a resulting track record of successfully dealing with ambiguity
- You make quick informed decisions under pressure and prioritize appropriately based on urgency, necessity and both internal and external requests
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills in English