Deadline: As soon as possible
AKU is an exciting place to work at as it is expanding rapidly. A career with AKU means that there are excellent opportunities for you in an environment driven by innovation and high expectations. We are an organisation where mentoring and training programmes exist to further your growth. You get the distinct opportunity to be part of a community affecting the lives of some of the best and brightest students. We are pleased to announce that we are currently accepting applications for our onsite internship program!
Why choose AKU's On-Site Internship Programme?
Launched in 2008, AKU’s International Internship Programme (AKU-IIP) provides undergraduate, graduate, and freshly graduated students with opportunities to engage in international experiences through on-site internship placements in countries where AKDN has a presence. The focus remains on quality, and skills-based experiences, that ensure interns develop strong cross-cultural competencies, communications and critical thinking skills, ethical frameworks, and leadership development.
AKU-IIP works closely with programme mentors, the local community, University partners, and interns. A key strategy for sustaining results is the participatory and inclusive approach of the programme through strong internship planning, implementation, and ongoing development.
Why Intern Abroad?
An international internship gives individuals the chance to learn in a culturally immersive atmosphere. This is a perfect opportunity for individuals who are passionate, innovative, and eager to learn in a culturally different environment than their own! You will gain invaluable professional experiences and the chance to bring what you learned in the classroom into the real world!
Opportunity is About
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate
- Students currently enrolled in university (in their 3rd year or above), or individuals who have graduated within one year of application.
- Students must have a good academic standing with a minimum 2.5 GPA or its equivalent.
- Students must prove proficiency in English.
- Basic computer skills are essential.
- Students applying for internships must demonstrate knowledge of the subject.
- All students applying to on-site internships must show proof of Covid-19 vaccinations and booster shots prior to travel.
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants
- Application fee: US $30
- Programme fee: US $1200
What does the fee cover?
- Dedicated Programme Coordinator Support
- Assigned Full-Time Mentor
- 60+ Hours of Professional Development Training
- Weekly Reflection and Feedback
- Internship Completion Certificate
- Academic Credit (if applicable)
- Access to AKU-VIP Alumni Network
- End of Program Report including supervisor evaluation, skills assessment, and Career Discussions
- Opportunity to work for Aga Khan Development Network
- Limited fully-funded and partially-funded financial need and merit-based scholarships for eligible students.
Internships, scholarships, student conferences and competitions.